Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
If so, how do I find it? I was lucky enough to outbid a couple of people for this White Eagle "gas stick" a short time ago. And would like more info on the company than my Mobil collectors guide gives, if possible.

Thanks for any help!!!!

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
NO.
Pegasus did a COTM on MOBIL OIL & on pg 2 there is a mention of WHITE EAGLE.
http://www.oldgas.com/shoptalk/ubb/Forum4/HTML/000993.html
Thunder did a COTM on CHEVRON
Hubba did UNION
OldtoyDoc did GILMORE
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthr...97898#Post97898
Bill Fortune SOHIO
http://www.oldgas.com/shoptalk/ubb/Forum4/HTML/001569.html
Lastgas15 did SINCLAIR
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthr...1494#Post101494
& there were some others that did a COTM

Last edited by Dick Bennett; Thu Dec 17 2009 09:56 PM. Reason: found some more links
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
My paternal Grandfather, Forrest Folck, had the White Eagle station in Little River, Kansas. According to what I was told by my uncles, Grandad sold out to Socony (later Mobil) circa 1935. Whtie Eagle was headquartered in Kansas City. They marketed their products in an 11 state area before selling out to Socony in 1930. Estimates run as high as a peak of 1800 stations in their marketing area. Socony (Mobil) gradually phased out the White Eagle name. They had several refineries one of which was in Augusta, Kansas. Another small refinery was in Wyoming. The Kansas Oil Museum may be able to provide more details. You can look them up on the internet. White Eagle petroliana items are highly sought after especially the milk glass globes. Dave Folck

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks Dave, I sent the museum an email. Hopefully they will be able to help me get more information. If they are able, I will post it here for all to enjoy.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I USED TO MAINTAIN A LIST OF ALL THE COMPANY OF THE MONTH SUBJECTS AND THEIR AUTHORS, BUT JUST RECENTLY THREW IT OUT BECAUSE IT DIDN'T CONTINUE AFTER LIKE 2006(?) EVEN THOUGH I WAS THE M.C.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bob: If you are looking for White Eagle things, I have a co-worker that has the large cement eagle that sat out on the driveway that he is willing to part with. It was his uncle's who owned a station in either N or S Dakota. I don't remember the price, but I know he got an offer from an oldgasser, but the cost of shipping kind of killed the deal. You could make a road trip to Butte......

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
When my Grandfather sold his station, Grandma Irma got the White Eagle (like the one that Alex referred to) for her garden. I climbed all over that thing before we moved to Calif just before my 6th birthday having been born in Kansas. It was perched on a pedestal and was made of cast iron. I still have photos. Dave Folck

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved