Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#166077 Mon Dec 21 2009 03:21 PM
mapper Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
A friend of mine thinks these ebay pectons are all expensive fakes. He finds it strange that all these never before seen pectons that have shown up in the last year are the same basic two shapes, including the Sinclair ones.

What does the rest of you think?

Alan
Collecting MN and Minneapolis gas and oil related items
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow, I don't know the first thing about license plate toppers but the point brought out here does make a guy wonder. I had bid on the speedway one but it went out the roof. The shape of all these and rareity makes me want to ask a LOT more questions. I hope someone with knowledge of these chim in here. I looked again, and saw that it was three different sellers.

Last edited by roger cherry; Mon Dec 21 2009 04:10 PM.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I really would doubt the red hed topper- the font's look to new.... the other ones???? look more real Lol

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
We have talked about the Red Head one before. That is the correct address for the Red Head station on Monroe St in Toledo,Ohio. After Red Head it was a Hy-Flash Station smile

Is it real??? I would hate to say because of the money it brought!!! OUCH

Randy

Always looking for Hy-Flash Gas/Miller Oil, Hi-Speed Gas/ Hickok Oil and Paragon Refining items from Toledo,Ohio.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Its very obvious that the same person wrote all these descriptions in these auctions & yet they all are listed under different names...that leads me to believe the same person is behind it & has used different names for a good reason
& that would be they are most likely fake.....the red head was just on another thread here with a different seller not long ago.....The 3 rd one is for sale by ebay name ":joepetescousin"...i know Joe Pete from Texas & he's been doing this advertising thing for many years.........

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Good way to hide fakes under different names. Could be the same seller with more than one name too.

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved