Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#166175 - Tue Dec 22 2009 08:33 AM The beginning of my restoration
zooman Offline

Loc: Alvin, Texas
Hey guys, sorry I've been absent for a spell, got a radio frequency computer set up after many years of the dish that wasn't worth a *****. Then was training for a half marathon in Denver, then back to life on the farm with a problematic coyote taking out some of my critters and then winterizing for the plants and parrots we have outside.
Anyway so I started my restoration bass ackwards and a friend suggested I do it right. 40 hours of bondo and lab metal work, had everything restripped to bare metal and here's where it's at.
I am also going to post a pic in the appropriate thread of some of the old stations in my area.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#166182 - Tue Dec 22 2009 09:07 AM Re: The beginning of my restoration [Re: zooman]
eshaver Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: richmond , Virginia
Hummmmmmmmmm, a Gilbert And Barker , go fer it ! Ed Shaver

#166196 - Tue Dec 22 2009 12:39 PM Re: The beginning of my restoration [Re: eshaver]
Vermonter Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: VT
Good start but it looks like your dog may have been stuck to the bondo.
John

#166214 - Tue Dec 22 2009 03:07 PM Re: The beginning of my restoration [Re: Vermonter]
zooman Offline

Sorry about that it's a T176. But the one thing different I have noticed is that the slot for where the selector is by the small upper door is on the bottom where all the other restore pumps i have seen is at the top.
Got to love those boxers, they stick to everything, lol.
Right now I am using a product called Devcon to fill in the holes. It looks and works like JB Weld and we have it at work.
Troy

#166273 - Tue Dec 22 2009 09:20 PM Re: The beginning of my restoration [Re: zooman]
Daveb Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Hot Springs SD
There's definitely 2 different versions of the 176. As you said, some have the return valve lever towards the top of the access door while others have it towards the bottom. Just make sure the skin that you're going to spend a lot of time restoring fits the pumps' plumbing that you're going to put it on!

#166325 - Wed Dec 23 2009 07:57 AM Re: The beginning of my restoration [Re: Daveb]
van Offline

Loc: ash flat, Ar.
Saw your reference to..Lab Metal..I just used this on a 96..Applied it EXACTLY as label said..and doubled the dry times. Had the metal powdercoated..his booth operates at about 450..and STILL some of the areas "gassed"..and some were perfect...Have you done much with the product ?..Trying to determine if I did something wrong..

#166916 - Sat Dec 26 2009 06:45 PM Re: The beginning of my restoration [Re: van]
zooman Offline

Van, I didn't get that far when I had the skins restipped due to my impatience. i know of several people here that have recommended it but don't know if they had their projects powder coated after it was applied.

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved