Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#167706 Fri Jan 01 2010 12:32 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I would appreciate your input on the value of this Dixcel 42" sign, Good color and gloss some damage on the bottom and some chips but all in all a nice sign. I haven't been real active or made it to any shows for several years but I am kind of getting back into the hobby some. I haven't kept up on prices and have no idea what values have been doing. from what I can gather it looks like pumps have really held their own and maybe went up.
What about cans, where are they priced now as compared to say 10 years ago?

If you could give me some idea on the sign it would be appreciated
Thanks Jay

dixcel 1.jpg

Jay Leeper
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Worth about $300-$400 in that condition. Also if it is double sided maybe a little more. Pump have held there own. Cans seem to be doing real well.

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
After I got out of college in the mid 1960s I went into the insurance business. My office was in the Milton building on Brentwood Blvd. In Brentwood, MO, as sub. of St. Louis. I got to know Dave Milton, the son of Harry Milton who started the Milton Oil Co.
Years later, after I got into the hobby, I went back to see Dave. I brought along articles about his father that appeared in National Petroleum News during the 40s & 50s. He was very happy to see them. He told me, that while I was in an office above the basement, there were a bundh of Dixel signs behind the building heater in the basement, but one day they decided they didn't need all that old stuff and threw it out.
A few years ago Dave died of Altimers.
I have a great deal of info. on the Milton Oil Co. & Dixcel and plan to write an article about the company for CTO sometime soon.

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Sat Jan 02 2010 08:52 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved