Next Thread
Print Thread
N
noschev Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
Trying to find out information on this unique display cabinet. I believe this cabinet to be an original island display cabinet but I cannot find any manufacturers marking on it. The cabinet is constructed entirely of steel and is approximately 5 feet tall and 18" square. As you can see it has four permanant shelves and a hinged glass door. The really unique thing about the cabinet is that it has a series of three metal doors with drop in hinges that fold completely around all three glass sides. The door panels can be locked and they store in the back of the cabinet on some J-channel. The construction looks professional so I don't believe it to be homemade. It has graffiti scratched into the paint that dates it to the early 1970's but I believe it to be much older than that. I don't have the original top but it appears that it would have just been a flat piece of sheet metal. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Greg

Cabinet 003a.jpg

Wanted Minnesota Oil company items!
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Give me a better picture of the complete cabinet and I might be able to ID it.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
N
noschev Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
N
More pictures of the cabinet. Two side panels attach on each side with drop on hinges and then another sheet metal panel hooks over the top of the door. A loop on the bottom of the front panel allows the cabinet to be locked. The legs at the bottom are simple L-channels but they taper out slightly for cabinet stability.

Cole photo 001.jpg Cole photo 005.jpg Cole photo 003.jpg

Wanted Minnesota Oil company items!
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
That is a cool display cabinet. I like the looks of it smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I doesn't match up with anything I have literatue on.

Some cabinets were sold for use in service stations, but many were just display cabinets. I have seen the same cabinets being used in doctor's & denist's offices.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved