Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
G
You know, i have a few quarts of Sinclair and Texaco OEM paint and I may just bite the bullet and make a restoration more original to a tee!!. The quart cans look real good and the contents sounds very "fluidy".This may work!
TAKE CARE!!

Neal Dunn gpf

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
J
Hello Gentleman. I must admit I'm a little bit bias on the subject of paint because I own a powder coating facility. I would like to clear up a myth about powder coating. I can apply body filler and successfully powder over it. The only draw back is the filler can be no thicker than 1/8 inch. I can also apply the powder thicker and recieve a orange peel effect, and I can apply a clear coat to give the color a super shine. If there are any questions or if you would like me to quote a price feel free to contact me. I'm always willing to go the extra mile for my fellow collectors. You will be suprised on how economical my powder coating services are. James Williams

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
I was at a body shop this summer & they are using aerosol cans of primer! anyone seen these before? they are smaller than a regular spray can & are activated by a special ultraviolet light. $48.00 a can, clear primer, no masking you just wipe off excess, once under the light it hardens super fast & ready to sand in a few minutes. it saves that shop lots of time & its supposed to be top of the line stuff!

that shop also got a new paint booth last year that cost $100,000.00 they do lots of work there & that booth saves them MEGA time & time is money!

i know the owner pretty good & he (himself) is an AWESOME bodyman! he now resides behind a desk most the time. i asked him if he used base/clear on his own toys & his exact words were: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO -- ISSSSSHHHHHH!!!!!!! why would you ask me a nasty question like that?! LOL!!!!!!

He does use base/clear sometimes on his own stuff though, because thats what they mix & use there everyday!

He too, like me, or me like him, trys to get things to look "FLAT" like Lacquer.
Nothing worse than having a guy park something next to yours with Lacquer look paint & your urethane is all washboarded up sittin next to his & you probably sanded & buffed twice as much as he did
& before that guy got there yours looked REALLY good!
you just hang your head & sneak away!!! LOL!!!!!!

my 2 cents are: base/clear is goooooood stuff! i use it! but there are other textures available!!!

[This message has been edited by tom 2 tone (edited 03-27-2004).]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved