S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
He never answered me.

Mike
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I had a little conversation with our Argentina friend a couple of weeks ago. See below. His email address as of 2 weeks ago is payment@onlinesoft.com and his name is Carlos. The cat is out of the bag now as I am blocked from bidding on his auctions as well.

Dear cosasviejasmex,

Is this an original signal sign made between 1945
and 1950? If so, where did you obtain it, to prove
it authenticity. It is a beautiful sign. Thank you.
~Jason

Hi Jason,

My partner travels throughout the country, shopping for all kinds of collectibles we resell. Specially old signs and glass bottles. It is getting more difficult now here in the capital (so I doubt it is from here) but in the interior of the country we always go and buy all kinds of furniture and stuff from shops and stores that are closing and or remodeling.

I will try to find out exactly where this one came from, though I can’t promise he will know. I do figure like you said it to be around the 50’s or so when we had a great many porcelain signs here at almost every business. Today you only see them mostly on street signs and the older stores that have been in business for a while.

I will see what I can research.

Best regards
Carlos

Carlos,

Thank you. I appreciate your help. I have been looking for this original sign for quite some time. There was one on ebay back in November, but I missed it. Somebody else beat me to it. It just seems too good to be true. A sign like that usually goes for over $800 due to its rarity. ~Jason

Jason,

I honestly doubt the sign I have is worth more than what I ask for it –or I would obviously be asking that much. I know my sign is a real old porcelain enamel sign, from the 50’s or so – there is no doubt - but I would research more maybe that price is for a special edition or sometimes there is a rare in a series like cards or something. ???
I really don’t know, anyway I will see if I can get some history on the one I have.

~Jason

6 ft signs & rare pump plates – Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Polly, Flying A, Douglas, Richfield, PDQ, Stinker, Beeline, Neon , Dealership.

G
G
Originally Posted By: oldgoaly
Deft EAR? complete brain inactivity! Even when a ebay representative has called they say no one above them wants to hear about it.

Believe me, they're not blind or deaf to these problems. There is a threshold for complaints below which they won't take action. It takes more than people who know a fake when they see one. It usually takes multiple buyers who have had bad experiences with a seller before eBay will do anything.

I'm now in the process of getting my money back through Paypal for a sign I bought from this seller. My advice: Be persistent. If a seller stonewalls you and eBay is of no help, explain the situation to Paypal (if that's how you paid for the item) and file a dispute. They may be able to do a chargeback, even if it's beyond the 45 day window you have to file a complaint.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved