Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#173478 Thu Feb 04 2010 06:18 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
POSTING FOR MEMBER SUNRISE SHELL....

"Doc, I see you are interested in old trucks. This is one that has been in my family since the early 70s. I restored it in 2003 and sold it last july. This is a picture of it getting loaded on the truck heading for it's new home, The Big Dog Garage, in Burbank Ca. I kind of miss it, but that's a great place for it! and a fun story Feel free to share the photos. sincerely, Terry aka Sunrise Shell"

"Doc, thanks for your interest in my old truck. Most people thought I was crazy to restore it, but it was too cool to let go! My intention was not to sell it, but when Leno called me personally to talk about it,I figured it was my best chance to get decent money for it.I had offered it to anyone else in my family for less than a third of what I got from him! Go ahead and post in showcase,I'll try to follow up if anyone else is interested. K Frith knows the story, because it came from his part of the country. best regards, Terry"

MORE ABOUT THE "BIG DOG GARAGE".....

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/the-garage/

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
That's a great looking truck. I'd be hard pressed to not try and sell something if Jay Leno called too.

I always thought about repainting my Panel truck into Shell or Mobil or Chevron colors. It would look nice with a yellow body and red fenders (Shell), or white body and red fenders (Mobil), or white body and blue fenders or a combo of blue, red and white (Chevron).

One day....

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Nice looking truck there smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
badgas #173495 Thu Feb 04 2010 07:07 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks for posting the Shell truck. I'd love to have one of those. Very nice and to a good home?, too....Dale

Wanted: Champion Spark plug, Shell, Pennzoil, Kendall, and Woco Pep signs...Dale Stephens
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Yes sireee Bob..uhh Doc!
You guys make me feel bad..... I have a gas truck, just can't get to it till other things are done. I'm just slow........so slow....

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Terry had sent me some pictures of this truck back before he sold it to Jay Leno and I was always going to post them since the truck came from North Dakota but somehow the email got deleted and I was unable to retrieve it. Glad he sent the photos to Doc so you can all see some of the past history of the "DAKOTAS". What a beautiful restoration job!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Great truck and a very nice restoration. I know where an unrestored truck is with the same style of tank on it as the one in this picture. What is a ball park price for an unrestored truck like this?

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
In your face yellow! Nice job...................

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Very nice restoration. Love it.

Gaspedler #173634 Fri Feb 05 2010 05:09 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Nice job, good to see another Binder saved and a gas truck to boot! Give us some details, KB5? how big is the tank capacity, is it functional, what mfg of tank body, engine size, tranny, etc. Iz gotz ta know! I'm interested in the grill. If it's a 46 did you weld up the grill holes where the stainless bars were and did you use an earlier grill?

S
S
Doc, thanks for posting the pictures, and every one else , thanks for the kind words. The truck was very complete,(but rough) when I rescued it off of my brother in law's iron pile. It took a little over a year to get it to this point.Lots of body and paint work! It's a KS5 the S meaning 2speed rear axel, The engine is a green diamond flathead 6, and 4 speed trans. Jay was going to change out the drive train, but after he drove it, he decided to leave it stock. The signage on the tanker is painted "CNC plasma" cut metal of my own design. Terry F.,I think I sent you pictures of it a year or so ago when you were working on your's. The tanker was made by Fargo Foundry,(still in business). 800- 1000 gal. I think. The grille is stock,I think it may have been made during the war, therefore, no chrome. They wanted to use it at the Garage to store fuel (many different kinds), but I think Ca. regulations may make that tough. As far as value, these old trucks just don't seem to have much, that can be good and bad! I'd be happy to answer any more questions, for now, thanks again!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved