Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#174063 - Mon Feb 08 2010 10:33 AM Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Holland, MI
Hi Everyone!

It is time for a new installment of Globe of the Month! This months feature is the Animal Kingdom. Any globe with any type of animal, bird, fish, or mythological creature (Mobil Flying Red Horse)can be posted.

We will start with a couple of globes featuring mans best friend. Take a few minutes and lets see some "animal" globes!

Thanks!

Lonnie

Attachments
IMG_6741.JPG

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#174066 - Mon Feb 08 2010 10:51 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Here's another photo of mans best friend along with a Home Oil Company globe with a detailed eagle. Diesel picture globes are somewhat uncommon.

Attachments
IMG_3439.JPG

#174076 - Mon Feb 08 2010 01:42 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
s932 Offline
Company of the Month Host

Loc: cape girardeau. mo

here are the only two animals i have

#174117 - Mon Feb 08 2010 05:37 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: s932]
dfranchi Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Los Alamitos, CA
Here are a few of mine:

#174122 - Mon Feb 08 2010 06:09 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: dfranchi]
pumpingethyl Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Downey , CA

#174130 - Mon Feb 08 2010 06:47 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: pumpingethyl]
s932 Offline
Company of the Month Host

Loc: cape girardeau. mo
Dont hold back Dennis on the globes, those are awesome looking very jealous

#174138 - Mon Feb 08 2010 07:36 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
Tankar Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: MN United States
Here's my one and only animal besides my mobils. If anybody has any cans from this company I would be interested, they are out of Cresco Iowa.

Attachments
imperial.JPG

imperial2.JPG

imperial3.JPG

#174147 - Mon Feb 08 2010 09:19 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
hawkike Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: citrus heights ca.95610

Wide body glass.

#174148 - Mon Feb 08 2010 09:22 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
hawkike Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: citrus heights ca.95610

Narrow body glass

#174172 - Mon Feb 08 2010 11:44 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: hawkike]
hancock-oil Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: San Jose Ca us
here's one Jim

Attachments
H-globe3.JPG

#174281 - Tue Feb 09 2010 04:37 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: hancock-oil]
gmstuff Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Elkridge, MD, US
Dennis, When are you going to post photos of all the good globes!! Just kidding, great globes, Congrats.

Keith

#174283 - Tue Feb 09 2010 04:51 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: gmstuff]
pumpingethyl Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Downey , CA
Originally Posted By: gmstuff
Dennis, When are you going to post photos of all the good globes!! Just kidding, great globes, Congrats.

Keith
Thanks, I was just lucky and bought most of them many years ago when they were affordable.

#174285 - Tue Feb 09 2010 04:52 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: gmstuff]
Tara Worsham Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Decatur, IL
Great globes so far, guys! Mine aren't real impressive, but we can't forget about good ol' Dino!

#174414 - Wed Feb 10 2010 03:52 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: Tara Worsham]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Looking good everyone!

It is hard to beat the West Coast Company globes when it comes to great graphics on 15" metal bodies!

We have seen one Independent Oil Men of America (IOMA) with the Thunderbird logo. There are literally dozens of different Thunderbird globes out there. Here are a few I have photographed over the years and I know I have photos of others that I will dig out later.

Lets see some more animal globes, we have not even scratched the surface yet. There are 100s of different animal themed globes. Post them if you have them.

Thanks!

Lonnie

Attachments
IMG_1202.JPG

IMG_4246.JPG

IMG_6771.JPG

#174416 - Wed Feb 10 2010 04:07 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Here are a few more Thunderbird logo globes. I know I have photos of others and I will post them later. The Minnesota one was on the Iowa Gas Auction a couple of years ago and was a little washed out but it is the only one I have ever seen.

Lets see some more animal globes. There are only about 25 different Mobil globes with the Flying Red Horse, lets see some of them!

Thanks!

Lonnie

Attachments
IMG_1240_1.JPG

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_4133.JPG

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved