Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Hi Everyone!

It is time for a new installment of Globe of the Month! This months feature is the Animal Kingdom. Any globe with any type of animal, bird, fish, or mythological creature (Mobil Flying Red Horse)can be posted.

We will start with a couple of globes featuring mans best friend. Take a few minutes and lets see some "animal" globes!

Thanks!

Lonnie

IMG_6741.JPG

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here's another photo of mans best friend along with a Home Oil Company globe with a detailed eagle. Diesel picture globes are somewhat uncommon.

IMG_3439.JPG

Wanted: Ripple Body Globes, picture globe, any Dixie Distributors keyhole gas pump globe and ANYTHING from Old Dutch Refining, Muskegon, MI Musgo sign
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

here are the only two animals i have

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Here are a few of mine:

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Dennis Leith / Always looking for unusual Gilmore Oil Company items and Automobilia Displays
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dont hold back Dennis on the globes, those are awesome looking very jealous

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
T
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
T
Here's my one and only animal besides my mobils. If anybody has any cans from this company I would be interested, they are out of Cresco Iowa.

imperial.JPG imperial2.JPG imperial3.JPG
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Wide body glass.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Narrow body glass

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
here's one Jim

H-globe3.JPG

West Coast signs, globes and quarts
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Dennis, When are you going to post photos of all the good globes!! Just kidding, great globes, Congrats.

Keith

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: gmstuff
Dennis, When are you going to post photos of all the good globes!! Just kidding, great globes, Congrats.

Keith
Thanks, I was just lucky and bought most of them many years ago when they were affordable.

Dennis Leith / Always looking for unusual Gilmore Oil Company items and Automobilia Displays
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great globes so far, guys! Mine aren't real impressive, but we can't forget about good ol' Dino!

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Looking good everyone!

It is hard to beat the West Coast Company globes when it comes to great graphics on 15" metal bodies!

We have seen one Independent Oil Men of America (IOMA) with the Thunderbird logo. There are literally dozens of different Thunderbird globes out there. Here are a few I have photographed over the years and I know I have photos of others that I will dig out later.

Lets see some more animal globes, we have not even scratched the surface yet. There are 100s of different animal themed globes. Post them if you have them.

Thanks!

Lonnie

IMG_1202.JPG IMG_4246.JPG IMG_6771.JPG

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Here are a few more Thunderbird logo globes. I know I have photos of others and I will post them later. The Minnesota one was on the Iowa Gas Auction a couple of years ago and was a little washed out but it is the only one I have ever seen.

Lets see some more animal globes. There are only about 25 different Mobil globes with the Flying Red Horse, lets see some of them!

Thanks!

Lonnie

IMG_1240_1.JPG IMG_1513.JPG IMG_4133.JPG

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved