Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#175980 - Fri Feb 19 2010 11:10 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
Pegasus Offline

Loc: DFW metro area
Here's some birds............

Richard

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#175993 - Sat Feb 20 2010 07:31 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
Jimmy S Offline

Loc: Vashon Island WA
Here's mine.....

#176214 - Sun Feb 21 2010 03:14 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
racecop Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: The Hawkeye State, Iowa
Here is one I have but I think it is a reproduction but I don't know for sure. Either way it is a cool globe.

Attachments
IMG_2434_s.jpg

#176310 - Sun Feb 21 2010 07:48 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: racecop]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Holland, MI
Hi Racecop;

The Salyers globe is an exceptional piece. Great graphics, colors, and detail. There are very few known originals. Fulton Glass Company out of Indiana made a few sets of this globe up in the early 70s. These early repos are 35+ years old and are quite collectible since they are not available from any of the repo globe places. Neat piece and thanks for posting.

Lets see some more animal globes!

#176534 - Mon Feb 22 2010 07:14 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Fleetwing used quite a few different globes with birds on them. Here are a couple of them that I had photos of.

The second photo shows the vertical wing bird and is on a red Hull Glass body. Fleetwing was about the only company that used red Hull bodies. The bodies were made of clear glass and then painted red on the inside and then the paint was fired on just like ripple globes.

I'll dig some more photos out tommorrow night. In the meantime lets see some more animal globes.

Thanks!

Lonnie

Attachments
bird3.jpg

IMG_6948.JPG

IMG_6949.JPG

#176595 - Mon Feb 22 2010 11:06 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
avio Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: dickinson nd

#176596 - Mon Feb 22 2010 11:08 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: avio]
avio Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: dickinson nd

#176619 - Tue Feb 23 2010 07:40 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: avio]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

WOW! What an incredible herd of Buffalo.

Thanks for sharing!

#176625 - Tue Feb 23 2010 08:35 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
s932 Offline
Company of the Month Host

Loc: cape girardeau. mo
You said it Lonnie

#176693 - Tue Feb 23 2010 04:56 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: s932]
gasoildude Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Oneida IL USA
Yes it is indeed smile

#176717 - Tue Feb 23 2010 06:30 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: gasoildude]
minuteman Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Big Sky Country
Lonnie was the original Salyers on capco or glass? Exactly how can you tell an original from a 70's repro?

#176746 - Tue Feb 23 2010 08:55 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: minuteman]
racecop Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: The Hawkeye State, Iowa
The original Sayler globe was on a capco body. The repro globes are not dated and the experts can tell if they are repro from the backside of the glass I think. I am trying to find out also. The backside of my lenes are different in my opinion one looks lighter than the other. I hope I have an original but I would bet it is repro. Either way I got it from my Grandpa and I like it.

#176782 - Wed Feb 24 2010 12:15 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: gasoildude]
philmccauley Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Bardstown, KY USA
Wow, on the buffalo herd.

#176791 - Wed Feb 24 2010 06:10 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: gasoildude]
HI-OCTANE Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Albuquerque, N. M.
Wow! very nice group of hard to find and expensive globes.

#176808 - Wed Feb 24 2010 07:52 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: HI-OCTANE]
roger cherry Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Collierville, Tn
That is one cool Buffalo herd. I was just curious and maybe Lonnie knows, but how do we know for sure about the Salyer being made by Fulton Glass? I to have heard that story over the years but was just curious. I to have a Salyers that is supposedly a repo and have seen and held a Salyers Ethyl that is unmistakeably orginal by the back, but was wondering if possibly the company lasted into the 70's and was still using the ones made by Fulton. Does anyone have company history on Salyers?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved