Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#179479 - Sun Mar 14 2010 11:38 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
Pegasus Offline

Loc: DFW metro area
This is a fantasy globe, but it has an animal so I guess it fits......

Richard

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#180105 - Fri Mar 19 2010 07:17 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: Pegasus]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Holland, MI
I received this Grizzly globe photo from gasgeezer to post. Wow! What a spectacular globe! It is hard to capture the detailed bear in a photo. Great globe that is seldom seen and looks really good when you light it up. Thanks for sharing!

I see there is a Grizzly Ethyl globe next to it. Next installment of Globe of the Month will be globes with Ethyl logos. Maybe we can get a good photo of it then.

Thanks!

Lonnie

Attachments
grizz.jpg

#180295 - Sat Mar 20 2010 02:44 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Here are a few "Horse" globes to add to this animal themed post. I have several more photos I will add over the next week or so and then we will get on with a different "Globe of the Month"

If anyone has ANY animal themed globes please take a few minutes and share them. Thanks!

Lonnie

Attachments
IMG_5714.JPG

IMG_7055.JPG

#180297 - Sat Mar 20 2010 02:52 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

I just remembered that Bill Fortune had a different Knight Kerosene globe for sale at the Missouri Show back in January. This is the Knight Oil Comapny version and does not have the fern leaf looking things on either side of the Knight on his horse.

Attachments
IMG_0023.JPG

#180312 - Sat Mar 20 2010 06:14 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
imp454ala Offline

Loc: Adelaide
Hi here is a very early globe from Australia this was a very iconic brand

#180344 - Sun Mar 21 2010 07:06 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: imp454ala]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Great Golden Fleece globe! I have never seen anything like it before. Many years ago I saw a molded 1-piece plastic Golden Fleece globe that was shaped like a Ram. (I think that is what they call male sheep?) Are there any others?

Thanks for posting!

Lonnie

#180372 - Sun Mar 21 2010 11:02 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
minuteman Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Big Sky Country
A set of Roadrunners and Crow..

Attachments
IMG_2788 (Small).JPG

#180374 - Sun Mar 21 2010 11:08 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: minuteman]
HI-OCTANE Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Albuquerque, N. M.
Wow, any history on those Danciger road runner globes? like were that company was from?

#180408 - Sun Mar 21 2010 01:36 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: HI-OCTANE]
DuceCpe Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Pueblo Colorado usa
shockedWOW RIPPLEVILLE!!!
VERY NICE..

Edited by DuceCpe (Sun Mar 21 2010 01:36 PM)

#180412 - Sun Mar 21 2010 03:05 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: DuceCpe]
itsagas Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Four Corners
Originally Posted By: DuceCpe
shockedWOW RIPPLEVILLE!!!
VERY NICE..

shocked shocked WOW cool

#180415 - Sun Mar 21 2010 03:43 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: itsagas]
souperhigh Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Tulsa,Oklahoma United States ...
Danciger Refineries company was from Tulsa, Oklahoma during the 30's and 40's.
Love the ripple bodies !!

#180447 - Sun Mar 21 2010 07:11 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
Pogo's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: British Columbia - Canada
Found this one 6-7 years ago, don't own it anymore, and as far as I know it's still the only one know.........

Visit our Website or FaceBook Page

Lance @ Pogos Garage

#181002 - Thu Mar 25 2010 07:36 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: Pogo's Garage]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Great looking globes Guys! I don't recall ever seeing a picture of the 3 Danciger globes togather before, neat set!

Here are couple of globes featuring Sea Creatures. There may be other globes with sea animals but I can't think of any offhand.

Attachments
IMG_7060.JPG

#181409 - Sun Mar 28 2010 04:28 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Here are a few more Dog globes for the post. The Citizens Diesel is very uncommon.

Attachments
IMG_7068.JPG

#181457 - Mon Mar 29 2010 08:31 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
T-way Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Riley, MI, USA
Lonnie:

So . . . whatcha got trapped in those terrariums? LOL

Later . . .

Jim

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved