Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#174063 - Mon Feb 08 2010 10:33 AM Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Holland, MI
Hi Everyone!

It is time for a new installment of Globe of the Month! This months feature is the Animal Kingdom. Any globe with any type of animal, bird, fish, or mythological creature (Mobil Flying Red Horse)can be posted.

We will start with a couple of globes featuring mans best friend. Take a few minutes and lets see some "animal" globes!

Thanks!

Lonnie

Attachments
IMG_6741.JPG

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#174066 - Mon Feb 08 2010 10:51 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Here's another photo of mans best friend along with a Home Oil Company globe with a detailed eagle. Diesel picture globes are somewhat uncommon.

Attachments
IMG_3439.JPG

#174076 - Mon Feb 08 2010 01:42 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
s932 Offline
Company of the Month Host

Loc: cape girardeau. mo

here are the only two animals i have

#174117 - Mon Feb 08 2010 05:37 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: s932]
dfranchi Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Los Alamitos, CA
Here are a few of mine:

#174122 - Mon Feb 08 2010 06:09 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: dfranchi]
pumpingethyl Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Downey , CA

#174130 - Mon Feb 08 2010 06:47 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: pumpingethyl]
s932 Offline

Dont hold back Dennis on the globes, those are awesome looking very jealous

#174138 - Mon Feb 08 2010 07:36 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
Tankar Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: MN United States
Here's my one and only animal besides my mobils. If anybody has any cans from this company I would be interested, they are out of Cresco Iowa.

Attachments
imperial.JPG

imperial2.JPG

imperial3.JPG

#174147 - Mon Feb 08 2010 09:19 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
hawkike Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: citrus heights ca.95610

Wide body glass.

#174148 - Mon Feb 08 2010 09:22 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
hawkike Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: citrus heights ca.95610

Narrow body glass

#174172 - Mon Feb 08 2010 11:44 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: hawkike]
hancock-oil Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: San Jose Ca us
here's one Jim

Attachments
H-globe3.JPG

#174281 - Tue Feb 09 2010 04:37 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: hancock-oil]
gmstuff Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Elkridge, MD, US
Dennis, When are you going to post photos of all the good globes!! Just kidding, great globes, Congrats.

Keith

#174283 - Tue Feb 09 2010 04:51 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: gmstuff]
pumpingethyl Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Downey , CA
Originally Posted By: gmstuff
Dennis, When are you going to post photos of all the good globes!! Just kidding, great globes, Congrats.

Keith
Thanks, I was just lucky and bought most of them many years ago when they were affordable.

#174285 - Tue Feb 09 2010 04:52 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: gmstuff]
Tara Worsham Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Decatur, IL
Great globes so far, guys! Mine aren't real impressive, but we can't forget about good ol' Dino!

#174414 - Wed Feb 10 2010 03:52 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: Tara Worsham]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Looking good everyone!

It is hard to beat the West Coast Company globes when it comes to great graphics on 15" metal bodies!

We have seen one Independent Oil Men of America (IOMA) with the Thunderbird logo. There are literally dozens of different Thunderbird globes out there. Here are a few I have photographed over the years and I know I have photos of others that I will dig out later.

Lets see some more animal globes, we have not even scratched the surface yet. There are 100s of different animal themed globes. Post them if you have them.

Thanks!

Lonnie

Attachments
IMG_1202.JPG

IMG_4246.JPG

IMG_6771.JPG

#174416 - Wed Feb 10 2010 04:07 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Here are a few more Thunderbird logo globes. I know I have photos of others and I will post them later. The Minnesota one was on the Iowa Gas Auction a couple of years ago and was a little washed out but it is the only one I have ever seen.

Lets see some more animal globes. There are only about 25 different Mobil globes with the Flying Red Horse, lets see some of them!

Thanks!

Lonnie

Attachments
IMG_1240_1.JPG

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_4133.JPG

#174641 - Thu Feb 11 2010 08:29 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
Wes Maxwell Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Central Ohio
One more Tara;

#174643 - Thu Feb 11 2010 08:32 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: Wes Maxwell]
Tara Worsham Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Decatur, IL
Thanks, Wes. I don't have that one yet. wink Someday...

#174729 - Fri Feb 12 2010 03:03 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: Tara Worsham]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Looking good everyone!

Here are a few more IOMA Thunderbird logo globes. There are dozens of different globes with birds on them. Over the weekend I will dig through my photos and see what I can find. In the meantime lets see some of yours. Thanks!

Lonnie

Attachments
tbird.jpg

tbird2.jpg

tbird3.jpg

#174755 - Fri Feb 12 2010 05:22 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
K W FRITH Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Devils Lake, ND---USA
Heres the total of my animal globes! Wish I had more but thats something for the future!
Cell#-701-739-6133

#174783 - Fri Feb 12 2010 08:53 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: hancock-oil]
Vermonter Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: VT
Good GOTM! I would kill my dog and cat for any one of those globes. Sorry PETA.
John

#174785 - Fri Feb 12 2010 09:04 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
Jarvis Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Evansville, In
Mine.

Edited by Jarvis (Fri Feb 12 2010 09:07 PM)

#174860 - Sat Feb 13 2010 03:32 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: Jarvis]
DWSheffer Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Hillsdale, Michigan
Here is a group Flying Red Horses for the thread....! 16-1/2" Mobilgas and Mobilgas Special, along with a Mobilgas Ethyl on glass.
Darin

#174866 - Sat Feb 13 2010 04:06 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: DWSheffer]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Looking good Darin! The Mobil Ethyl on glass is tough to find. Here are a few photos taken at past Matthews Auctions. The Mutual globes with the rabbit turn up from time to time but it is uncommon to see the 13 1/2" capco version next to the 15" metal version.

Lets see some more animal globes. Thanks!

Lonnie

Attachments
IMG_3079.JPG

IMG_6830.JPG

#174867 - Sat Feb 13 2010 04:10 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
oldnfuelish Offline
FATW Feature Host

Loc: Antioch,IL
hey darin,never mind payment for that repro polly lens,just send me that special globe and we'll call it even? wink

#174951 - Sun Feb 14 2010 09:24 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
Pegasus Offline

Loc: DFW metro area
Here's one.............

Richard

#175044 - Sun Feb 14 2010 05:15 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
Dale Stephens Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Alabama, USA
Here's my only Animal Globe. Please excuse the fuzziness. My digital camera is on the blink. No pun intended...Dale

Attachments
MVC-026S.JPG

#175588 - Wed Feb 17 2010 06:49 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: Dale Stephens]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Here are a few more Mobil globes. The Mobil Ethyl on metal is on a 16 1/2" body. The Mobil Diesel globe, or any brand name diesel globes are tougher to find. There were literaly dozens of pumps selling gasoline for every diesel pump back in that day. The Marine is obviously even tougher to find since it would be limited to marinas.

Lets see some more animal globes. Even if you have posted pictures of your animal globes on other threads lets see them again. How about some Eagle globes, or more Mobils, Buffalos, etc.

Thanks!

Lonnie

Attachments
IMG_6872.JPG

IMG_6893.JPG

Edited by olddutchgas (Wed Feb 17 2010 06:50 PM)

#175609 - Wed Feb 17 2010 08:31 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
wfort39663 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Fe, NM
Here is one with an eagle.

A dog.

And a strange New Mexican bird.

Edited by wfort39663 (Wed Feb 17 2010 08:36 PM)

#175615 - Wed Feb 17 2010 08:43 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: wfort39663]
s932 Offline

love the husky bill

#175917 - Fri Feb 19 2010 04:02 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: s932]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Here are a few more Mobil globes with the Flying Red Horse. Mobil used this logo in the early 60s.

I will dig some "bird" globe photos out over the weekend and post them. In the meantime lets see some of your animal globes.

Even if you posted them before in other topics lets see them again. We all like to look at globe pictures!

Thanks!

Lonnie

Attachments
IMG_6919.JPG

#175980 - Fri Feb 19 2010 11:10 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
Pegasus Offline

Here's some birds............

Richard

#175993 - Sat Feb 20 2010 07:31 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
Jimmy S Offline

Loc: Vashon Island WA
Here's mine.....

#176214 - Sun Feb 21 2010 03:14 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
racecop Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: The Hawkeye State, Iowa
Here is one I have but I think it is a reproduction but I don't know for sure. Either way it is a cool globe.

Attachments
IMG_2434_s.jpg

#176310 - Sun Feb 21 2010 07:48 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: racecop]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Hi Racecop;

The Salyers globe is an exceptional piece. Great graphics, colors, and detail. There are very few known originals. Fulton Glass Company out of Indiana made a few sets of this globe up in the early 70s. These early repos are 35+ years old and are quite collectible since they are not available from any of the repo globe places. Neat piece and thanks for posting.

Lets see some more animal globes!

#176534 - Mon Feb 22 2010 07:14 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Fleetwing used quite a few different globes with birds on them. Here are a couple of them that I had photos of.

The second photo shows the vertical wing bird and is on a red Hull Glass body. Fleetwing was about the only company that used red Hull bodies. The bodies were made of clear glass and then painted red on the inside and then the paint was fired on just like ripple globes.

I'll dig some more photos out tommorrow night. In the meantime lets see some more animal globes.

Thanks!

Lonnie

Attachments
bird3.jpg

IMG_6948.JPG

IMG_6949.JPG

#176595 - Mon Feb 22 2010 11:06 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
avio Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: dickinson nd

#176596 - Mon Feb 22 2010 11:08 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: avio]
avio Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: dickinson nd

#176619 - Tue Feb 23 2010 07:40 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: avio]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

WOW! What an incredible herd of Buffalo.

Thanks for sharing!

#176625 - Tue Feb 23 2010 08:35 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
s932 Offline

You said it Lonnie

#176693 - Tue Feb 23 2010 04:56 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: s932]
gasoildude Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Oneida IL USA
Yes it is indeed smile

#176717 - Tue Feb 23 2010 06:30 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: gasoildude]
minuteman Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Big Sky Country
Lonnie was the original Salyers on capco or glass? Exactly how can you tell an original from a 70's repro?

#176746 - Tue Feb 23 2010 08:55 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: minuteman]
racecop Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: The Hawkeye State, Iowa
The original Sayler globe was on a capco body. The repro globes are not dated and the experts can tell if they are repro from the backside of the glass I think. I am trying to find out also. The backside of my lenes are different in my opinion one looks lighter than the other. I hope I have an original but I would bet it is repro. Either way I got it from my Grandpa and I like it.

#176782 - Wed Feb 24 2010 12:15 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: gasoildude]
philmccauley Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Bardstown, KY USA
Wow, on the buffalo herd.

#176791 - Wed Feb 24 2010 06:10 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: gasoildude]
HI-OCTANE Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Albuquerque, N. M.
Wow! very nice group of hard to find and expensive globes.

#176808 - Wed Feb 24 2010 07:52 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: HI-OCTANE]
roger cherry Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Collierville, Tn
That is one cool Buffalo herd. I was just curious and maybe Lonnie knows, but how do we know for sure about the Salyer being made by Fulton Glass? I to have heard that story over the years but was just curious. I to have a Salyers that is supposedly a repo and have seen and held a Salyers Ethyl that is unmistakeably orginal by the back, but was wondering if possibly the company lasted into the 70's and was still using the ones made by Fulton. Does anyone have company history on Salyers?

#176810 - Wed Feb 24 2010 07:54 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: roger cherry]
George Johnston Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Beloit, Wi, USA
A nice pair of birds

Edited by Watchdog1 (Wed Feb 24 2010 10:34 AM)
Edit Reason: edit link to work

#176873 - Wed Feb 24 2010 04:51 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: gasoildude]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Goerge;

Great pair of Penn-O-lene's! The Super-Blend is only the second or third one I have ever seen. Spectacular globe when lit up. Thanks for posting, lets see some more!

Lonnie

Edited by olddutchgas (Wed Feb 24 2010 04:51 PM)

#176875 - Wed Feb 24 2010 04:56 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Hi Roger;

Good question on the Salyers! I don't want to get bogged down on this Animal Kingdom post with a lot of dialog about the Salyers. I have a meeting to get to in a few minutes and will start a new post on the Salyers later tonight with good pictures and close ups of the globe front and back and we can discuss it on that post.

Later!

Lonnie

#176894 - Wed Feb 24 2010 06:53 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
Dale Stephens Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Alabama, USA
George:
Nice globes. Congrats...Dale

#176931 - Wed Feb 24 2010 08:35 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
Jay Leeper Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Alva, Ok.
I have no globes from salyer but I do have a few cans from them, I would like to hear the story please post it.

#176975 - Thu Feb 25 2010 04:17 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: Jay Leeper]
67Chev4X4 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Cheyenne, WY
I just fell in love. That Frontier with the buffalo on it had to come from the Frontier Oil Co of Buffalo NY didn't it. Mitch

#177073 - Thu Feb 25 2010 06:55 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: 67Chev4X4]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Here's one more Buffalo globe. This single lense was for sale in room trading at the Iowa Gas Show last summer. Prarie Cities out of Winnepeg, Manitoba used a number of different globes on metal bodies featuring a Buffalo.

Attachments
IMG_5724.JPG

#177472 - Sun Feb 28 2010 06:16 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Here are a couple of more animal globes. Mid-West was a small Michigan marketer out of Grand Rapids, Michigan. I do not know of another globe out there that has a camel pictured on it.

If you have any animal globes why not take a few minutes and share them with the rest of the Oldgas community.

Thanks!

Lonnie

Attachments
bird7.jpg

bird6.jpg

#178149 - Fri Mar 05 2010 06:36 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Here are a couple of more bird globes. We seen a Coastal Products earlier in this post. Here is a Coatal Anti-Knock and they also had a Gasoline version. Heading to Peotone in a few minutes for the auction and show. Hopefully there will be few photo ops there.

If you have any animal globes to share with the rest of the Oldgas community take a few minutes and do it this weekend.

Thanks!

Lonnie

Attachments
bird1.jpg

bird2.jpg

#178571 - Mon Mar 08 2010 07:10 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Here are a few photos of "mythological" animals that I took at the Peotone Show. The Standard Kerosene with the Flying Red Horse is quite rare. The Mobilfuel Diesel and the Mobil Kerosone both on 15" metal bodies are also uncommon.

The Gargoyle cabinet globe was NOS and priced accordingly. Had a great time at the show as always!

Attachments
IMG_7011.JPG

IMG_7010.JPG

IMG_7009.JPG

#178741 - Tue Mar 09 2010 08:28 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
RARIN TO GO Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Longmont, CO
On the Frontier Buffalo globe. The Benjamin/Henderson globe book credits this globe as being Frontier (Denver). This is the first time I have ever seen a picture of it. Thanks!!! I have never seen any photographic or adverising myself that would prove it is Frontier (Denver). That said...Looking at the globe two things do strike me as being Frontier (Denver) and those are the 90 and the use of stars. I think it is probably Frontier (Denver) but it's all gut feeling right now. So what do you think Mitch...anyone else know anything about this globe?

#178951 - Thu Mar 11 2010 02:23 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: RARIN TO GO]
67Chev4X4 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Cheyenne, WY
Chris, I don't know. When I first looked at that picture I thought of the Buffalo NY Frontier because of the buffalo. Like you I had never ever heard of a logo like that. You probably know more about the company than me. I like your theory of the stars and 90. Because Frontier was one of the first to have 90 octane gasoline and because the airplane fuel production it makes sense to advertise that way. I went over to a gentlemans house today who is in his 90's that went to work there in 1944. I don't know how much he would remember if anything. He wasn't at home out chasing around. I have another friend who owned two
Frontier stations in the fifty's and that will give me a excuse to go see him. He's in his 80's. A quick thought that may or may not be true because Frontier market got up into the Dakota's it might be a possibility that the Westland Oil Co. told them to quit using that logo because it was to close to theirs. Just a thought. Anyway I'm in love and would give a arm and leg for one of those. Mitch

'

#178981 - Thu Mar 11 2010 12:40 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: 67Chev4X4]
RARIN TO GO Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Longmont, CO
Someday we might know the answer. The biggest thing I see wrong if it was Frontier (Denver) is the "Frontier Oil Co." on the globe. Frontier was incorporated as "Frontier Refining Company". I've never seen them use anything else. Maybe it was just an independent oil company with no relation to either of the Frontier companies we have refered to.

#179232 - Sat Mar 13 2010 02:20 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: RARIN TO GO]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Here are a couple of more bird globes that I found photos of. I'll dig out some photos of "owl" globes that I have somewhere and post them tommorrow. This post has a couple of weeks to go yet so if you have any "animal" globes of any kind take a few minutes and share them with the rest of us.

Thanks!

Lonnie

Attachments
bird4.jpg

bird5.jpg

#179428 - Sun Mar 14 2010 06:56 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Here are a few "Owl" globes that I have photos of. There may be other globes out there that feature "Owls" but these are the only ones I know of.

Attachments
IMG_4705.JPG

IMG_7033.JPG

#179479 - Sun Mar 14 2010 11:38 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
Pegasus Offline

This is a fantasy globe, but it has an animal so I guess it fits......

Richard

#180105 - Fri Mar 19 2010 07:17 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: Pegasus]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

I received this Grizzly globe photo from gasgeezer to post. Wow! What a spectacular globe! It is hard to capture the detailed bear in a photo. Great globe that is seldom seen and looks really good when you light it up. Thanks for sharing!

I see there is a Grizzly Ethyl globe next to it. Next installment of Globe of the Month will be globes with Ethyl logos. Maybe we can get a good photo of it then.

Thanks!

Lonnie

Attachments
grizz.jpg

#180295 - Sat Mar 20 2010 02:44 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Here are a few "Horse" globes to add to this animal themed post. I have several more photos I will add over the next week or so and then we will get on with a different "Globe of the Month"

If anyone has ANY animal themed globes please take a few minutes and share them. Thanks!

Lonnie

Attachments
IMG_5714.JPG

IMG_7055.JPG

#180297 - Sat Mar 20 2010 02:52 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

I just remembered that Bill Fortune had a different Knight Kerosene globe for sale at the Missouri Show back in January. This is the Knight Oil Comapny version and does not have the fern leaf looking things on either side of the Knight on his horse.

Attachments
IMG_0023.JPG

#180312 - Sat Mar 20 2010 06:14 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
imp454ala Offline

Loc: Adelaide
Hi here is a very early globe from Australia this was a very iconic brand

#180344 - Sun Mar 21 2010 07:06 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: imp454ala]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Great Golden Fleece globe! I have never seen anything like it before. Many years ago I saw a molded 1-piece plastic Golden Fleece globe that was shaped like a Ram. (I think that is what they call male sheep?) Are there any others?

Thanks for posting!

Lonnie

#180372 - Sun Mar 21 2010 11:02 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
minuteman Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Big Sky Country
A set of Roadrunners and Crow..

Attachments
IMG_2788 (Small).JPG

#180374 - Sun Mar 21 2010 11:08 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: minuteman]
HI-OCTANE Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Albuquerque, N. M.
Wow, any history on those Danciger road runner globes? like were that company was from?

#180408 - Sun Mar 21 2010 01:36 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: HI-OCTANE]
DuceCpe Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Pueblo Colorado usa
shockedWOW RIPPLEVILLE!!!
VERY NICE..

Edited by DuceCpe (Sun Mar 21 2010 01:36 PM)

#180412 - Sun Mar 21 2010 03:05 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: DuceCpe]
itsagas Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Four Corners
Originally Posted By: DuceCpe
shockedWOW RIPPLEVILLE!!!
VERY NICE..

shocked shocked WOW cool

#180415 - Sun Mar 21 2010 03:43 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: itsagas]
souperhigh Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Tulsa,Oklahoma United States ...
Danciger Refineries company was from Tulsa, Oklahoma during the 30's and 40's.
Love the ripple bodies !!

#180447 - Sun Mar 21 2010 07:11 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
Pogo's Garage Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: British Columbia - Canada
Found this one 6-7 years ago, don't own it anymore, and as far as I know it's still the only one know.........

Visit our Website or FaceBook Page

Lance @ Pogos Garage

#181002 - Thu Mar 25 2010 07:36 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: Pogo's Garage]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Great looking globes Guys! I don't recall ever seeing a picture of the 3 Danciger globes togather before, neat set!

Here are couple of globes featuring Sea Creatures. There may be other globes with sea animals but I can't think of any offhand.

Attachments
IMG_7060.JPG

#181409 - Sun Mar 28 2010 04:28 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Here are a few more Dog globes for the post. The Citizens Diesel is very uncommon.

Attachments
IMG_7068.JPG

#181457 - Mon Mar 29 2010 08:31 AM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
T-way Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Riley, MI, USA
Lonnie:

So . . . whatcha got trapped in those terrariums? LOL

Later . . .

Jim

#181527 - Mon Mar 29 2010 07:35 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: T-way]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Hi Jim;

I should have mentioned that the photo was from my archives. That picture was taken several years ago at collector Bruce Bednar in Florida. Besides globes he also collects rattlesnakes and has to keep them inside during the winter because they need at least 70 degree temperatures to breed. Maybe Oldgas should start a non-gas / exotic collectible forum!

Attachments
IMG_7121.JPG

IMG_7122.JPG

#181528 - Mon Mar 29 2010 07:42 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Here are a few more bird globes. The ROC was from Roosevelt Oil Company out of Mount Pleasant, Michigan. I have a few more photos to post and we will wrap up this installment of Globe of the Month later this week.

If you have ANY animal globe photos to share please take a few minutes and do so. Thanks!

Lonnie

Attachments
IMG_7139.JPG

IMG_7138.JPG

#181876 - Thu Apr 01 2010 08:20 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Couple of birds and a bee. The Quality came out of an old time collection in Texas 7 years ago and I have never seen another. Anyone know anything about the company?

I have a couple of photos to post yet and next week we will start the next installment of Globe of the Month. It is going to be globes with the Ethyl logo. T-Way get yout camera out and start taking pictures!

Attachments
IMG_7137.JPG

IMG_7140.JPG

#182516 - Wed Apr 07 2010 08:59 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
olddutchgas Offline
Veteran Member

Here are a few globes featuring chickens. This pretty well does it for me on the "animal globe" posts. If you have anything to add please take a few minutes and do so. Thanks!

The next installment of Globe of the Month will start in the next few days.

Attachments
IMG_7147.JPG

IMG_7144.JPG

#182632 - Thu Apr 08 2010 09:10 PM Re: Globe of the Month(s) Feb/Mar - The Animal Kingdom [Re: olddutchgas]
Jarvis Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Evansville, In
Like that Beeline!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved