Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
It was a tall 10 Dayton. This is due to the fact that OH regulated that all cylinder sizes be no greater than 10" in diameter for fear of breaking. That is why alot of tall tens turn up in OH. I do think it uses the same skins as the 600 Dick, not totally sure though.

Thanks, Phil

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Shows like this one, Pawn Stars and Barrett-Jackson ruin it for the average "Joe".

People that have this stuff and watch this show now ask for the "valued" or "sold" price, when in fact their item might not be worth the inflated price as seen on TV.

Case in point, I used to buy up old Ford trucks and parts for minimal amount of money. Well, after Barrett-Jackson hit record prices, all of the rusty junk went up in price. It's like rust is the new gold.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: badgas
Shows like this one, Pawn Stars and Barrett-Jackson ruin it for the average "Joe".

People that have this stuff and watch this show now ask for the "valued" or "sold" price, when in fact their item might not be worth the inflated price as seen on TV.

Case in point, I used to buy up old Ford trucks and parts for minimal amount of money. Well, after Barrett-Jackson hit record prices, all of the rusty junk went up in price. It's like rust is the new gold.

You hit it Right on the Head There!!!!!!!!!!

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
some people think scrap is at 300$ a ton yet, that drove up the price of everything metal.

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
These guys have a website,antiquearcheology.com They have pictures of some of their finds, I bought one item from them a couple years ago on ebay, didn't know it was them at the time.I have seen other items of theirs on ebay also, for instance, that Mayflower moving lighted plastic sign on one episode, I watched that sell for 1200.00. I did not pay attention to the user id though.

Still looking for that Union 76 ball
And I collect big old porcelain neon signs
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
walt figer sells new skins made from the original dies there 500 or 600 bucks .pump looked like a dayton 600 tall ten to me .

Q
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Q
about 3 or 4 months ago i received a email for a woman saying she is representing the show American pickers, she had some infro of some of the things i collet, wanted to know if i would be interested in having someone to come to my home and take a look at my stuff for a up coming show in the north east area. could of been a set up for the show or a scam. email didn't smell right so i didn't reply, anybody else????????.

im always looking but never find, why........
R
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
R
It was posted about 5 months ago that they were looking for "collections" of old cars, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, signs, pinball, etc.
I do not know anyone that replied to them.

Looking for photos, etc from 60s era Shell-A-Rama gas station and Pal's Diner, Rt. 17 Mahwah, NJ
& US or state highway signs, shields, route markers
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved