Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
Frank - Will you have any Chevron glass at your spot? Will see you there on Sat early am.
Floyd

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Tom is in Cali. Watch out and hide your bullets. We should be there about 1 - 1:30 P.M. Franks already got passes. Tom is in good hands. We will come hang out but you don't have anything we want. Like bullets. LOL Ted

Ted Pam Ethyl & Polly Roach
Lodi CA.
209-210-8971
Looking for Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Douglas, Gilmore and Richfield
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
I will see you guys tomorrow.

Mike
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Great seeing everyone today. I just got told I have to watch the kids on Sunday, so I can't come. I will see you in Escalon. I hope you guys got to buy/sell ton. I found some items. I will post my photos of the show in the showcase area of this forum.

Last edited by strnge; Sat Jan 30 2010 10:25 PM.

Mike
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nobody should ever go to Turlock if they like signs, pumps and cans. They didn't have a thing. Weather was really bad also. LOL Ted

Last edited by Signal Gas & Oil; Mon Feb 01 2010 08:43 AM.

Lodi CA.
209-210-8971
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
Had a great time at the Turlock Swap meet. However, had no idea it was that popular! I know it's always good to get there early but wow, there were a ton of people there, maybe a few tons! Anyway, got a 15 gallon lubester that I was looking for, got the sludge out yesterday and off to the blaster today.
Question: Anybody got a pic of a "Zerolene" lubester? I'm thinking a 3 inch blue stripe around the top and bottom, the rest in white and decals in the center. Will post some pics when I figure out how to get them in the smaller digital size.

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Do you have a photo of the lubester you found? I saw a ton of them.

Mike
C
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
C
Strnge - Yep, but still working on getting it downsized. Should have it by this afternoon.

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Yes, the first Turlock swap meet is the biggest. It's usually the first one on the West Coast (??). It draws a lot of people. I arrived around 6:30am and was in line right before it turned the corner. As soon as I came, a ton more people showed up and the line was way around the corner.

Weather was decent this year, as well as last year. Not a lot of mud this year as compared to last year.

I wasn't too impressed with the gas and oil items, nor the entire swap meet. A lot of items were priced waaaaayyyyy high. Too rich for my blood. Besides the few things that I got, I really didn't see anything that I had to have.

I think that the other three or four Turlock swap meets throughout the year are much better.

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Really better? I have only been to the first one of the year there. I have not been to any other during the year there.

Here are the items I picked up:
N.O.S.

I had the Geneva one already (have not cleaned it yet) and just picked up the matching 26th street. They are From San Francisco.

First one I have seen.

N.O.S.

My favorite!!!!!

Last edited by strnge; Wed Feb 03 2010 09:26 PM.

Mike
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Yes, in my opinion, better.

The issue with the first Turlock meet is that one, it's huge. Second, most of the vendors have been attending for many years. Most are dealers and want top dollar.

The other Turlock swap meets are about 1/2 to 3/4 size of the first meet and bring out the average Joe, because it's a lot easier to get a space. The average Joe will usually price his items much lower and more fair.

I've usually hauled more stuff from the other Turlock meets than from this one.

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
When is the 2nd Turlock swap not to sound dumb 'cause i've not been to either one, but would like to, is 2nd Turlock the same as Escalon?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Esacalon is not the same as Turlock. Escalon is a gas bash. I will be posting info on here soon for that. Google Turlock swap meets for all the info on those events. Ted

Lodi CA.
209-210-8971
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved