Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Dick Bennett #176425 Mon Feb 22 2010 09:50 AM
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Just for clarification.

There is a larger amount of lens seat area 'wiggle room' in the reproduction STEEL High-profile bodies than there is in the STEEL Low-profile reproduction bodies. And an enormous amount of variation in lens seat area with the SPUN ALUMINUM High-profile bodies

If my customer orders a pair of 15.0" lenses and a Low-Profile body - I hand fit the lenses to the body before I ship everything out. Just to make sure everything fits.

There are always variations in the overall size of the glass 'blanks' since they are hand cut. Therefore you will have some that are 1/16" larger or smaller than the dimension you actually tried to cut. That's just the variation you get when you hand cut a glass circle.

And . . . our 13.5" lenses are designed to fit the CAPCO bodies that are produced from the ORIGINAL CAPCO molds. I make no guarentees on fitment for any of the other 'knock-off' CAPCO bodies that are being sold on the market today.

DOC actually had one of the knock-off bodies split on him at the top from the pressure the lenses exserted on the plastic. I've had a set of the same Invader lenses in one of my bodies since I finished the first pair - and had no problems even with temperature swings from 15-degrees to 85-degrees in my Production Room.

BTW -If anyone has a new steel Low-profile body that they are having trouble getting a set of lenses to fit into - feel free to bring it (and your lenses) to any of the Gas Shows we attend. I'll be happy to let you try your lenses in any of our Low-profile bodies to see if they will fit. If so, I'll exchange your body for the one that fits your lenses - no matter where you pruchased the body or the lenses originally!

Later . . .

Jim

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
T-way #176574 Mon Feb 22 2010 08:23 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow, now that's what you call service! I wish everyone would stand behind their products like that.

Wes

thermactor #176583 Mon Feb 22 2010 08:34 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I agree with Wes customer service like that is rare these days!!! My hats off to Jim at T-Way.

Jerry

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved