Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
OP Offline
G
Hello Everyone

As organizers of the first Mississippi Valley Gas Show we want to provide our vendors and the public that attend, the best show possible. Many of you have expressed interest in attending as spectators the first year; however, our current vendor participation is too low to hold a quality show. The location and facilities are ideal for this type of show. We are excited to host the show and in an attempt to keep it from being canceled, are offering half price spaces and tables to any vendor who contacts us by phone no later than April 24, 2003. For those who may still only attend, please check the status of the show on our website (www.oldgas.com/missgas/) or you may contact us by email or phone.

Greg Aust
AustGDA1@aol.com

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Greg,
Thanks for the honest update on your show. I'd set up, but I just don't have much for sale right now.

I plan on attending as a buyer though.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
G
OP Offline
G
Bob

Thanks for the reply. We are really hoping this last effort to bring vendors in is successful. No matter what happens we will do the best we can to communicate the show status

I must say the low numbers are certainly not because we didn’t have help from our advertising venues. (Including this web site) Everyone was very willing to work with us on giving us the best deal possible for the first year. And everyone else we talked with has been very encouraging and supportive. We will just have to wait to see what happens. Thanks Again

Greg

B
B
It is tough to start a show. When we started Ohio Gas around 12 years ago the first few years were kind of slim. We still spend around $6,000.00 per year on advertising this event. Our spaces start at $45.00 for the first space and they get cheaper the more you get. All of this helps to grow a show. 3 years ago we started the "International Antique Advertising & Coin-Op Show" in conjunction with the Ohio Gas show and now we have over 400 spaces between the two shows. We have been lucky but it also has been a lot of work and a lot of miles traveling around to different shows. We are also in the petroleum business manufacturing the Benkin "visi-bowl" gas pumps and many other products so that also helps.

Keep plugging away and good luck.

Steve

G
OP Offline
G
Steve

We have been putting on an antique toy show here in the Quad Cities going on 16 years. Its not a huge show, but we’ve had consistent growth, good return vendor business and a good turnout most years through the door. We started to add Petroleum and Advertising to that show and have had decent response from local Petro guys.

I started collecting petro about 4 years ago and thought I would try to do a show devoted to just petro and advertising. Even though I spent quit a lot of money on this first show for building rent, advertising etc. I’m satisfied to know, even if I call it off, I at least gave it a shot. You never know how something is going to turn out unless you try.

Sounds like your show is a great success. But I know it doesn’t come without hard work. There is tons of “behind the scenes” work that goes on that most people cant imagine. But you forget about it when the show is a success, vendors are happy and someone is going home with one more item that enhances there collection.

Sorry for rambling on…………If we still have our show we plan on driving out and meeting some people.

Hope to see you there

Greg

L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
Greg,
Dont give up on the show, even if attendance is slim, try to get a comittment from everyone to come back. Then if each attendee would bring along one other vendor or talk another vendor into meeting them there, you can get it going. All the advertising in the world cant replace vendors and buyers with items to sell and money to buy.

Hang in there and set goals for next year.

Larry

larry ivy
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks for everyone’s encouragement and help. Just wanted to let you know we have received several positive phone calls and emails stating interest in setting up for our show. However we are not out of the water yet. We would like to have more vendors. We will keep everyone posted as to the status of the show. Thanks Again for your help. Please contact me with any questions.

G
OP Offline
G
Hey everyone THE SHOW IS ON. Again, thanks to everyone who have signed up. . Even if you cant make it as a vendor we hope each of you still stop by Davenport and say hi.

Thanks Again

Greg.

Z
Z
Great news Greg! I told you to hang tough and it would work out. You know i will be there with all that good farm fresh stuff and the resto supplies. See ya then !!!

G
OP Offline
G
We are having a steady stream of vendors comming in daily. And have had many phone calls of interested people who hope to visit Davenport and check things out.

Z
Z
It's great to have a show so close to home. I'm looking forward to some great deals on Sunday, hopefully there's something to fill that empty spot in my garage.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved