Next Thread
Print Thread
#178826 Wed Mar 10 2010 08:04 AM
D
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
D
Being a Mobil fan I watched auction number 350323812796 to see where this Mobiloil banner ended at. I was honestly thinking with the "market" the item would be lucky to get $350-$400, but was amazed to see it closed at $701.00! Due to the size of the banner I didn't think it would bring that much, even though it did have the lady graphics. I know in the Coke collecting world the trays and signs with ladies bring the bigger money. At that size though you would think it would be hard to display. I'm having trouble finding a spot for my 3X5 foot Socony banner.
Anyone else suprised at the price or is this in line with the true value, by which I mean was this a bidding war or a fair price?
Thanks all,
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Darin---Seems pretty high to me but you must remember that you can't always believe everything you see, especially on Ebay! There are daily instances where the bid is inflated to a price that the seller thinks it should bring and then sits there waiting for a victim to bid "one more time". Often you'll see items that bring way too much, are relisted at a later date.
Of course it could have been a real deal too as stranger things have happened! Thats how they get ya--if you want to know bad enough, you have to bid!! LOL

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved