Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

THESE ARE MY BUYS FROM THE MASON-DIXON SHOW ON SATURDAY. I NO SOONER SOLD A COKE BUTTON SIGN TO FELLOW OLDGASSER ARCHER2 AND BOUGHT THIS GLOBE FOR THE SAME PRICE AS THE SIGN FROM A FELLOW ACROSS THE AISLE! ALWAYS LIKED THIS CROWN LOGO AND THE MIRROR EFFECT....

(THIS IS MY 3RD ORIGINAL GLOBE).

LATER I SOLD A SET OF MY INVADER LENSES AND THEN WALKED OVER TO THE ED NATALE TABLE ACROSS THE WAY AND BOUGHT THIS SIGN FOR THE SAME MONEY FROM THE LENSES....

(I SWEAR THIS SIGN WAS WINKING AT ME THE WHOLE SHOW...THANKS GUYS!)

THEN A SMALL ASSORTMENT OF LOW DOLLAR CANS THAT CAUGHT MY EYE....

HOPE YOU ALL DID AS GOOD AS OR BETTER THAN ME....POST 'EM NO MATTER HOW SMALL OR BIG!

THANKS!

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I had a good week. I saw an ad in Kijiji last Saturday for this Rare Cadillac Official Service sign. It was 4.5 hours from me. We settled on the price and the guy agreed to hold it until I could get down to it on Tuesday. This guy was a stand up guy. He was underselling the sign and he had had calls through the week from collectors that were willing to pay double what he was asking. However he stood by his decision to hold it at the asking price until Tuesday. I Got it home and it cleaned up nicely. It is a 40" x 30 DSP very very heavy sign. I am fabricating a bracket to display it appropriately.

Side A

Side B

While at the guys place he mentioned he had three other signs a 6 x 4 Champion sign, and two lighted signs one a Bosch spark Plug sign and a Michelin lighted sign. I also picked up a few very small signs (not something I typically buy) I will get pics and post them later in this week.

Last edited by 1970mach; Sun Mar 14 2010 05:42 PM.

Colin Latreille
Always looking for Quality Canadian Oil & Gas & Ford Signs
Got a call from a man about two hours away who saw my listing in the Oldgas.com Collectors Roster. Went up Saturday with the intention to possibly buy one HPX 5 gallon oil can. We talked and I left with 21 various 5 gallon cans. Only one was an HPX from JD Streett. Others were 3 different Mobil styles, Sinclair and Wolf's Head. Hi, my name is Jim and I'm a petroholic.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Always Looking for Zephyr and JD Streett items

5galcans.jpg
5 gal oil cans

hpx5.jpg
HPX 5 gal oil can from J.D. Streett 'Horse Power Multiplied'

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
There is also a matching CROWN SILVER doc

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
HASTINGS DISPLAY PIECE

OLD GAS FILTER DISPLAY.jpg
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
these are my recent buys 1928 nugrape door push nos, the conoco had the original transformer on it and most of the insulators but only worked for about 10 seconds so I had to replace the transformer.

conoco3.JPG conoco4.JPG fleamarket2.JPG nugrape.JPG
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
hey TANKAR!!!! LOVE THE OLD STYLE SIGN,,,I DRINK OLD STYLE BEER AND ITS REALLY HARD TO FIND IN COLO...I HAVE TO SPECIAL ORDER IT... I`M LOVING IT ALAN

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
First some Peotone buys:

Tara scored some Pierce Pennant items. Here's an unusual Sinclair Pennant logo room service cover from one of the Pierce Motor Inns. It's sitting on a stack of 2 Pierce Pennant logo soup bowls, one of which is also a BOTW.

Next, a very unusual key tag from the Pierce Motor Inn in Rolla on US 66.

I got this neat old compressor from "canosaurus" Dave, with riveted brass tank and valves, and gold painted accents.

We also picked up the blue-background version of the Speedway 79 globe from Lonnie and Aaron Hop. The D-X globe was a total surprise -- a birthday gift from Tara! I'm really glad to finally have one - it's just like the one that some guy snatched out of my hands (literally!!) at the Hoosier show a couple years back.

Wes

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
forgot about this one, I was installing a shower for a customer last week who I have known for several years she brings me this thermometer and said I thought you might like this, yep sure do. dated 1938

nesbitts.JPG
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
I was able to dig a few things out of an old local gas stations attic this week!
COOL horizontal NOS dunlop

Lubrigas PUMP PLATE!

COOL Enarco Sign

Prestone Rack...

Yesterday I drove to Pennsylvania and picked up 3 more signs!
Pictures will come tomorrow!

Tom
219-778-3155
signchaser@comcast.net
Looking for early wolfshead signs and hoosier pete signs or globes
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Here is a gas stick I got from Bob Richards. Thanks again Bob!!

Here are 26 unused maps I got a swap meet in Louisville yesterday.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
PICKED UP THIS OIL CAN RACK SIGN PLUS A ASSOCIATED AND CYCOL BRASS TANK TAGS..TXS ALAN

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I had a friend tell me about an oil bottle that he had, when I ran into him at a local supper club about 2 weeks ago. He asked if I might be interested in it as he had NO interest in it and thought it would eventually get destroyed or thrown out. I told him that I was always interested in that sort of thing and would be happy to aquire it. Well "LO AND BEHOLD" he drove up to my house a couple days ago and handed me this nice JB Rhodes bottle that is embossed "HAVOLINE" on the back side. The spout even has the JB Rhodes stamp on it! Pretty nice treat to get from an old friend and he wouldn't think of taking anything for it!!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Here are a few of my buys. The Richfield pricer and city limit sign came from the Escalon bash. The Tydol globe and Wayne 60 T were purchased in Dec., but picked up the globe at Escalon and the pump was delivered this morning.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Like the Tydol globe! Like it ALOT! Good score Matt.

Looking for Tydol-Veedol-Flying A items, especially globes.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved