Print Thread
#179485 Sun Mar 14 2010 11:02 PM
B
badgas Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
B
Started the day today at 5am and came back home at 6:45pm. Made three stops along the way. First in Bakersfield, then Fresno, then Crows Landing to pick up the 51/52 bed.

The pumps and Coke ice chest were on top of the office ceiling inside the metal shop building. The seller works for a construction company and transports/operates heavy machinery. He was able to get a front loader to aid with removal of the pumps. Wouldn't have been fun doing that by hand.

Two Rapidaytons and the Coke ice chest were first to see the light of day in years.

The two Tokheims were next.

Thanks to a tip provided by oldnfuelish in another post, I obtained some used tires from a friend's body shop and laid them on the trailer and placed the pumps on top. Worked great all the way home.

After we were loaded, we made our way to Fresno to drop off about 10 old Tonka trucks that I sold to a collector.

Lastly, we made our way to Crows Landing to pick up a 51/52 Ford F1 bed.

Luckily, the older lady that owned the bed had a working forklift that the neighbor kid knows how to operate. Not sure I would have been up to the task of loading the bed with a massive homebuilt rear bumper.

Loaded and ready to finally head home.

I also found this 16" x 5" wide (5.5 x 5 bolt pattern) in the lady's yard. She let me have it. I asked her if she had any more, but no luck. This was the only one she had. I also got a Texaco Brake Fluid can and two porcelain (sp?) light shades from her. See in the current BOTW.

Needless to say, with the loss of one hour today, I'm very tired as I type this.

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That's a good long haul for a days work. None of that would have been any fun loading without some equipment to load it with. Sure makes the job much nicer.
Mike

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
GREAT HAUL THAT'S FOR SURE **COUGH BOTW COUGH-COUGH** LOL! LET'S SEE 'EM ALL LINED UP!

LOOKS LIKE THERE WAS ALOT OF TONGUE WEIGHT ON YOUR HITCH BEFORE THE TRUCK BED WAS LOADED!

Last edited by THE AMERICAN GARAGE; Mon Mar 15 2010 06:16 AM.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Nice story on how you got it all done and the pictures were great! Thank you!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Nice score! Those tall Tok's look like they are in pretty good shape. grin

North on Route 66,

East on Gas Alley.
B
badgas Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
B
All of the pumps are in good shape. The Tok's have slight damage on one of the sides, but not too bad.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved