Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#18065 Thu Dec 22 2005 07:22 AM
cormy Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Does anybody know if anybody is reproducing the small plastic themometers that look like pole signs?

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#18066 Thu Dec 22 2005 09:19 AM
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
I have collected these thermometers for years and can provide the following: Apparently a few years back a large quantity of Texaco and Standard thermometers in the box with advertising for Johnson Service Station were found in Illinois. You see them on ebay all the time. I have seen other brands with this same station advertising so it was probably a ficticious station they used for samples. With that said I am still not convinced that these Texacos and Standards are genuine. The color, feel and look of the printing does not appear to be the same as the originals. It is possible they are a latter run or some other explanation but they just don't look right. There is no reason to chance it when definite originals are very common and easy to find. The only others that I know of that are deinitely fakes are ones with decals for the gas company logo. I know an individual who bought a large quantity of blank thermometers and has put decals on the tops. Besides being decals, these examples have no advertising on the bottom. Genuine ones such as Chevron and Union and others are commonly found with no advertising on the bottom but if you see a rare thermometer with no advertising look out. Hope this clears it up a little and if you have a specific question feel free to email me. I am always looking to add to my collection. Bill Fortune.

[This message has been edited by wfort39663 (edited 12-22-2005).]

Bill Fortune
#18067 Thu Dec 22 2005 11:16 AM
cormy Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Your right on..... this is a Standard Themometer in the box.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved