Next Thread
Print Thread
Y
ynot Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Y
Were excited. Its looking good! Have pretty much stripped it down, gutted and cleaned it out. A few other pipes and or maybe some wiring etc and its done as far as that part goes. Have taken off the rust free doors, removed all the dents or whatever, including prep them for the new glass, rubbers and trim. Removed the two extra hose extensions. Replaced the gas hose recoil cable. Installed new key locks in both doors. Cleaned up most of the other stainless and trim pieces.

Also have a Texaco star globe and special mount adapter for the top. Plus some unique cosmetically aged signage for the doors etc. Think its begining to look cool!

Now its onto glass, rubber and trim pieces. New keys for the door locks. The reset lever system mechanics. Want to replace all the millions of old frozen panel nuts and bolts too. Plus sort out all that electrical wiring etc, which brings us to the following problem child:

The original door window lights in my 1066 seem to use an approximently 11" [doesnt appear to be either 10 or 12] elongated round tube style bulb with double contacts on each end. So todays questions for anyone offering to help are ...Is that all that holds the bulb in? ...Are they still available? ...Does anyone know where to get them or have a cost guesstimate?

The next major concern will most likely be with the... reset mechanics!

Were presently looking for casters too, that will fit under the base mount helping one to easily move the pump or roll it into the garage for safe keeping. Also want to Marvel mystery oil it when done to make it look real pretty and protect it from the elements. Plust in the end, it would be a real dream come true to have it function as if it was an actual working pump!

For those inquiring minds, curious about what we still need for our... Bennett 1066 gas pump.

These are the various items, still required:

- door, 3 1/2" round, plain white or Texaco ad glass inserts [2]
- 3" texaco star decals [2]
- #??? [approx 11"]light bulbs for face display illumination fittings [2]
- curved door glass [original would be nice... approx 9 7/8 x 15 5/8]to cover faces etc [both sides]
- #103 rubber surround for glass inserts that will accept the stainless trim pieces [9']
- complete set of stainless trim that fits over the #103 rubber... preferably with the neccessary mounting clips etc [both sides]
- ? hose guard bars [2]
...additions
- left side small rain gutter piece [1 only]
- lower face plate, holding bracket [1 only]

Would like to know what of the above you may have available with prices please, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

[This message has been edited by ynot (edited 12-06-2007).]

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If my memory serves me correctly, on a semi auto computer, when beginning delivery....You trip the small lever first, that resets the computer back to 0. Then take the nozzle from the rest and you turn the other handle where it blocks hanging up the nozzle....that will allow the motor to come on and begin delivery. Then you turn the larger handle back to the position that will allow you to hang up the nozzle, that will reload spring and ends the delivery process.
Joe

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
According the the parts/repair manuals for both the 966 and 1066, the door glass is the same, the trim pieces do have different part numbers, my assumption is that it depends when the parts were made. Early 1066s probably had the same trim as the 966, when they ran out they used the new ones.
Jack Sim
Author, Gas Pump Identification book and Air Meter Identification book
Having a parts/repair manual for your pump is the same as having a owners manual for your restored car. www.petrolianacollectibles.com

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Y
ynot Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Y
Yup! Them there light bulbs sure have me buffaloed.

Just discovered, we could use a couple of other small items. In addition to those listed above. If anyone has them lying around.

- 1 only, left side small rain gutter piece.
- 1 only, lower face plate, holding bracket.

Still waiting for responses on emails sent to swabby, Mike Smith and atlanticdecor.

[This message has been edited by ynot (edited 11-08-2007).]

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Have you tried paul Garness. He is near Orangeville and has lots of parts. I could check as i hope to be going there the end of next week

Y
ynot Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Y
Thanks muchly squick:

No we have not yet and email sent.

If you go, please take along this list of items...

- door, 3 1/2" round, plain white or Texaco ad glass inserts [2]
- #??? [approx 11"]light bulbs for face display illumination fittings [2]
- curved door glass [original would be nice... approx 9 7/8 x 15 5/8]to cover faces etc [both sides]
- #103 rubber surround for glass inserts that will accept the stainless trim pieces [9']
- complete set of stainless trim that fits over the #103 rubber... preferably with the neccessary mounting clips etc [both sides]
- ? hose guard bars [2]
- lower, face plate holding bracket, clip [1 only]

Would like to know whats available with prices, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

[This message has been edited by ynot (edited 11-09-2007).]

L
L
The light bulbs are 12" standard fluorescents and have to be special ordered (from Japan, as I recall). I think the price was about $25/bulb. Also useful to order a replacement (solid state) ballast to use with the bulbs.

L
L
Also, as to the glass rubber and stainless trim pieces, I haven't been able to locate rubber that is grooved like the original to accept the trim pieces. I have spoken with restorers who have done one of two things to attach the trim: silicone (black) glue it in place or use small machine screws and nuts (in which case you have to watch how the glass sits in the rubber so as not to interfere). The third option is to leave the trim off, but to me that takes away from the proper look.

I should have the light bulbs (tube style) in stock with in the next week or so. I found a supplier and they are coming in on the next stock order. Im not sure what the price is exactley yet, but it will definatley be under 15 bucks each.

Ryan

------------------
visit my website for original gas pump parts

thepumpdump.com

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Y
ynot Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Y
Thanks labradog. It frustrating having measured and remeasured mine at less than 12". Cant for the life of me see how I can ever mangae to put a 12" round peg in a 11" + square hole so to speak!

Ryan, please keep me informed about those bulbs. See you also have the fitting and can try them first.

Just as a side note. Have heard that the stainless display window trim attaching clips, WILL NOT fit the #103 rubber. Any thoughts, gentlemen.

ps: These are the only... 3 or 4 small various items, still desired:

X- door, 3 1/2" round, plain white or Texaco ad glass inserts [2]
X*- 3" round texaco star decals [2] .. *readily available at many repro dealers
- #??? [approx 11"] light bulbs for face display illumination fittings [2]
X*- curved door glass [original would be nice... approx 9 7/8 x 15 5/8]to cover faces etc [both sides] .. *have located several repro sources for this item that includes the #103 rubber
X*- #103 rubber surround for glass inserts that will accept the stainless trim pieces [9'] .. *comes with glass from most repro dealers
X*- complete set of stainless trim that fits over the #103 rubber around the diplay window glass... preferably with the neccessary mounting clips etc [both sides] .. *believe we may possibly have a source for this item too
X*- ? hose guard bars [2].. *n/a to this pump

[This message has been edited by ynot (edited 12-07-2007).]

I now have the correct bulbs in stock, I checked and they do fit into two of the pumps I have here. Check my website for the bulbs. Thanks, Ryan

------------------
visit my website for original gas pump parts

thepumpdump.com

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
The Bennett 1066 uses a glass insert in the top"Siteglass" trim with the Bennett logo that is available from Gas Pump Heaven. They are really nice and quite reasonable.
Blair Underwood (Petrolights)

Y
ynot Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Y
Thanks Blair! Unfortunately that wont work for me as Im doing it up as Texaco. Had 3 1/2" diameter inserts cut. After added a 3" decal and bingo... looks awesume!

Appears I can now 'X' out the lights on our needs list, thanks to Ryan. Will be contacting you soon!

ps: Theres now only a couple or so small
items, still sought:

X - door, 3 1/2" round, plain white or Texaco ad glass inserts [2]
X* - 3" round texaco star decals [2] .. *readily available at many repro dealers
X* - #??? [approx 11"] light bulbs for face display illumination fittings [2] .. ryan says hes now got these available
X* - curved door glass [original would be nice... approx 9 7/8 x 15 5/8]to cover faces etc [both sides] .. *have located several repro sources for this item that includes the #103 rubber
X* - #103 rubber surround for glass inserts that will accept the stainless trim pieces [9'] .. *comes with glass from most repro dealers
X* - complete set of stainless trim that fits over the #103 rubber around the diplay window glass... preferably with the neccessary mounting clips etc [both sides] .. *believe we may possibly have a source for this item too
X* - ? hose guard bars [2].. *n/a to this pump

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved