Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thanks also for the pics guys, now another question, on the valve handle ( my slit is on the bottom) it connects to the drain back valve correct? I couldn't tell from the pics on how the valve handle or where it ties into the drain back valve.
I got the back bracket assembly from Paul Hittle but have yet had any success on locating the valve handle.
Thanks
Troy

Last edited by zooman; Sun Apr 04 2010 05:55 AM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Basically just a flat bar w/ a sq or rnd hole to attach to valve stem. Hopefully someone that has one apart will trace & send to you.
db

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
Originally Posted By: zooman
Thanks also for the pics guys, now another question, on the valve handle ( my slit is on the bottom) it connects to the drain back valve correct? I couldn't tell from the pics on how the valve handle or where it ties into the drain back valve.
I got the back bracket assembly from Paul Hittle but have yet had any success on locating the valve handle.
Thanks
Troy

Do you have the valve itself? I can probably take my mechanism apart as Dick suggested and trace out the pieces of the handle for you. Dave

K
KenB Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Excellent! I do appreciate all the help!! Put the 'ol girl together this afternoon and it works great! Have a bit of touch up paint and need a globe and a hose/nozel and she's ready for display. I've waited 40 years to be able to do this!!

K
KenB Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I had no pattern for a handle but was able to make one from an old broken wrench and the female end of a 3/8th socket extension.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Just like a farmer or station owner would have done to make it work ! LOL

Dave, let me take a pic of the valve to make sure it's the right type. I was debating whether or not mine even has the correct valve. I'm on day shift through Thursday and after that I'll post a pic,
thanks guys,
Hope everyone had a great Easter Sunday,
Troy

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved