Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#182791 Fri Apr 09 2010 08:33 PM
32 Ford Offline OP
OP Offline
Can someone recommend a supplier of reproduction pump parts that you could recommend. I'm talking about having parts in stock, returns phone calls, does what they tell you they will do, etc. I have parts on order that have been paid for by credit card for three weeks, I recevied about half of the parts, I have left 5 phone messages regarding the balance and none of the calls have been returned. I have talked to a person in the shipping department who takes my messages and tells me they will have the owner call back, I have left messages on their answering machine and no calls back. Getting frustrated with the service.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Maybe they need more advertizing!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I've been using vics66.com and gas pump heaven and have been happy with the service from both. I prefer Vics because they are close to my location and the customer service is second to none. A few weeks ago I had a issue with a part and the owner Don took the time to talk to me about it on the phone and take care of the problem. On my last order he was good enough to dig through his inventory and find me some original parts rather than the repro's and didn't charge me anything extra!...Great people in my book!

North on Route 66,

East on Gas Alley.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Yes, By all means advertise for them! wink
Originally Posted By: hillsideshortleg
Maybe they need more advertizing!

North on Route 66,

East on Gas Alley.
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
I will say that Vic's and Gas pump Heaven have been very good about getting the parts to us Quickly and if they don't have them they don't miss lead and drag you out. I do not get alot of out of the ordinary parts though. Ron Scobie for the faces and other clockface parts is at the top of the game also with parts, information, and whom if he doesn't have it information. Not everybody has all the parts all the time.

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The two places I would recommend are Vic's 66 and Ron Scobie. Don & Lynn of Vic's 66 are two of the nicest people around and Ron supplied this Air Station cover. It was affordable for an item I figured I would never ever see in my lifetime.
Mike

USACO Cover 005 (2).jpg
32 Ford Offline OP
OP Offline
I appreciate the feedback I received to my post, I have learned a valuable lesson.

To John Jarvis, Petro Nut and Dick Bennett, you all have E.S.P., without me saying who I am dealing with you knew who I was referring to. You have pointed me in the right direction and your help will make further purchases allot less painful! Many thanks.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
We can only guess how many are turned away from ever restoring another pump after having tried to purchase items from them.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Scobie Parts are the BEST for fit and finish and he also gets things out!!! Jim

West Coast signs, globes and quarts
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have to put my 2 cents worth in here. I have to agree with all the posts. Vic's has to be my #1 pick, Don's crew is awesome. You also can't beat Ron Scobie for the work he does for the hobby. It does not take a mind reader to figure who not deal with, one transaction clears that mystery up.
Tom.

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Recently placed good size order form GPH. When it arrived, I did not even open it for nearly a week. When I did the Pure stickers I ordered were incorrect. It could have been their mistake or mine as I did not specify exactally which ones I wanted and did not have part # or a catalog at teh time I placed the order so I take responsibility for the error. I called and advised and they just offered to send me the correct replacement ones which actually cost $2 Ea more for no charge and did not ant me to return the incorrect ones. I was so impressed I added an extra $150 order right then and offered to pay the difference on the decals. Tops in my opinion.
I also ordered a $500+ order in the least month from Vics and also received top notch service from Kiley I believe was her name and she was beyond great. Don really needs to know how well she represents his business when is is absent.......

Rick

Rick H, Sacramento Ca.
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Thanks guys for all of the kind words about Vic's. It is nice to hear good things as most of you know when you run a customer service business it is very hard to please everyone. Like Craig said no business has all of the parts in stock all of the time but we are working hard to have a well stocked warehouse and will be adding a LOT of new items in the next couple of months. Rick you are right Kaelee is a VERY valuable employee, I get a lot of positive comments about her and we enjoy having her on board. My Wife Lynn & Daughter Cari are also a big part of our business and we could not do as well as we do without any one of them. Like I said earlier you can not please all of the people all of the time but if any of you guys have ANY problems what so ever with our crew, parts or service PLEASE contact me direct with your concerns so we can do what it takes to fix the problem. Thanks for your continued support as we could not do it with out you guys Thanks again Don, Lynn, Cari & Kaelee www.vics66.com

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Without the Constant Adv IT does [to bring in new customers & use their money to buy inventory], IT would have gone out of business years ago.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved