Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Bob Richards #183829 Sun Apr 18 2010 10:17 AM
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Bob Richards
Hang a canopy and a couple of pumps out front and it would look like a number of small stations that operated from the 20s through the 50s. The siding looks to be galv or older alum siding? Replace the Mercury vapor fixture with an older bonnet. Not sure the structure but if wood 2xs, you might think about another window (larger) or a smaller overhead door next to the door. Looks as if there is a concrete pad in front of the doorway for a pump or two. The ground looks as if it slopes into the building, so not sure how much you want to expand (if at all) the surrounding landscape to make a large flat area in front of the building?

Is the building a shed used for gardening tools, workshop, "mancave" or office?

Looks to me, that you already have a good starting point for having your own small station.

Yes, the yard does slop down towards the shop and i hate that. It is mainly used for my "mancave" and where i restore my pumps and such. The front area is all dirt. I was considering laying down concrete, brick pavers or gravel. I will build a pump island regardless. Thanks for the input everyone. I was even thinking of removing all that tin and re-covering the outside with a bunch of rusty 12ft. corrugated tin.

Last edited by Underdog; Sun Apr 18 2010 10:18 AM.

Zack

TEXACO
"You can trust your car to the men who wear the star"

www.forrestalmemorial.com
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Underdog #183832 Sun Apr 18 2010 10:36 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
A couple of photos of vintage stations that your building could be, IMO, with not a "ton" of work. Yours might be around the same size or a bit smaller, but these station from the 20s used a small footprint.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Bob Richards #183833 Sun Apr 18 2010 10:45 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hey Bob
That first one is very cool

OP Offline
Thanks Bob, I may just be able to add a canopy to mine to make it look realistic.

Zack

TEXACO

Underdog #183846 Sun Apr 18 2010 02:19 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Now that I see what you are working with,there are reletivly easy and inexpensive ways to change the look and add on for more space and a different look.

You might consider building a simple "false front".That's what I did with an old tin shop building.You might also consider simple pole barn sheds off both sides to use and to change the look even more.

There are lots of examples of that kind of stuff on a link around here.I think it's called Garage Addiction.You might want to check it out.Best of luck.

Old Iron #183850 Sun Apr 18 2010 03:31 PM
OP Offline
Thanks alot for the help Old Iron. I will do some more looking around.

Zack

TEXACO

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved