Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member

For those of you who have been around a while you'll remember Company of the Month. In July 2005 I profiled "McColl Frontenac" ~ The Red Indian Brands. To this day I consistently get email from people who come accross the thread in searches etc, and they share stories and photos. I recently recieved an email from a fellow with some great photos and some history which I offered to share here. If you haven't seen the thread, it can still be found here http://www.oldgas.com/shoptalk/ubb/Forum4/HTML/001138.html

Below is a copy of the email and photos, I'd like to thank Doug for taking the time to send me these photos and details, it was a real pleasure to see them!

Hi Lance: Pleased to learn this site is still active. A bit of history; my father operated Bulk Station 52, Annapolis Nova Scotia from 1929 until 1962. I'm attaching five photos from the McColl-Frontenac era. I have a few more from the Texaco years. Cheers, Doug

About 1938, last Company-owned truck before he became commission agent. (That's me on fender)

Service station at Lawrencetown N.S. Note both pumps were red with Sky Chief identification, although one would have been used for regular (Fire-Chief) gasoline. I recall globe faces, enamelled signs and the glass inserts for the Wayne 70 pumps were very difficult to obtain during the transition to Texaco

Service station at Annapolis Royal, N.S. Note the Texaco credit card sign on building and Sky Chief globe on the hi-test pump.

Another view of the station at Annapolis.

Circa 1929, probably the first truck.

Visit our Website or FaceBook Page

Lance @ Pogos Garage

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
VERY NEAT PICS, THANKS FOR SHOWING!

collecting standard oil items
Tim Flannery
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
THOSE ARE REALLY NEAT PICS,AND A GREAT STORY,THANK YOU FOR SHARING!

CHRIS
BUYING ANYTHING EARLY HUMBLE OIL CO.
BUY SELL TRADE ORIGINAL GAS PUMP PARTS
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
TXS FOR SHARING THE PICTURES!!! I LOVE THE TRUCK..ALAN

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings