Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I figured $3000 to a Marland or Conoco collector or someone who collected one piece globes.
$2500 does seem to be a fair number in my opinion.
I collect globes but don't collect the 1 piece globes myself. I am also not a big fan of metal body globes. I know call me weird. LOL

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Originally Posted By: Jarvis
I figured $3000 to a Marland or Conoco collector or someone who collected one piece globes.
$2500 does seem to be a fair number in my opinion.
I collect globes but don't collect the 1 piece globes myself. I am also not a big fan of metal body globes. I know call me weird. LOL

One pieces are more difficult to break. LOL!

Collect small Oklahoma Oil Co.'s 1920's-1940's. Barnsdall, Cushing, Eason, Marland, etc.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
They take a pretty good wack with a bayonette! If you notice in the pictures the bayonettes there to the right and then it's gone!!!! lol

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks! that's some good information to know.... What is the diferent between wide and narrow in the one piece globes?
I will post a side shot in the buy of the week tomorrow with some better pics!

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
There are three basic body styles of etched one pieces: wide, wide rounded and narrow. Yours is wide rounded.

Marland one pieces were for the most part wide rounded with the exception being the odd ball narrow one w/o the outline ring that I have.

Collect small Oklahoma Oil Co.'s 1920's-1940's. Barnsdall, Cushing, Eason, Marland, etc.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great story and find!! I went to an auction recently and they had a Sinclair Power-X globe with the "?" decal on it yet. The auctioneers helper makes the comment that it is a sinclair globe under the decal and proves it by pulling a large part of the decal off. DUHHH. I could not believe it. Someone made the comment you just ruined that one.

Keith

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Auction in central kansas on a thursday about 2-3 weeks ago? If so, that was me stating that the auctioneer ruined the globe. I bought the red ripple.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved