Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#185243 Fri Apr 30 2010 05:36 PM
H
OP Offline
H
I have loved petrolina forever but my budget restricts my collection. There is very little chance I will have one $5,000 item but I will might have 1000 - $5 items lol

I found this site researching one of my new finds. I am helping my friend clean out her fathers old storage shed. Her grandma and grandpa owned the town gas station / restaraunt, and her dad owned the service station in the 40's - 70's.

There are alot of small "neat" items and quite a few model t parts. here are a few of my finds. I am having trouble posting pics so I posted links.

pic #1: This is a little faded but I think it's nice. It is a battery cable display.
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m67/hoopty388/battery.jpg

pic #2: this is the sign that was in front of the gas station. it's like six foot tall but someone bent over the top so it's a bit rough but i like it.
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m67/hoopty388/platolene.jpg

pic #3 This is her dads jack it was bought after he came from the war in 46
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m67/hoopty388/jacktop.jpg

pic#4 This is an old oil "pump" I guess you would call it. it has a crank and a selector on top to choose how many pints you want. It has hard metal wheels and alot of rust!! I saved this to sell but I think I'm starting to like it. I am looking for a nicer oil barrel, doesn't have to be perfect but it would be nice if you could read the label, had paint, and.. oh no bullet holes in it. lol
If anyone has pics of one of these in good shape please post.
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m67/hoopty388/oilpump.jpg

pic#5 these are just a couple of the old model T parts I found. probably going to sell eventually
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m67/hoopty388/steeringandjack.jpg

pic#6 Don't know what these are could be anything...any ideas?
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m67/hoopty388/whoknows.jpg

pic#7 this is an original pic. in the background is the service station and if you look real hard you can see the sign http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m67/hoopty388/servicestation.jpg

Last edited by hoopty388; Fri Apr 30 2010 05:40 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WELCOME NEWBIE, GLAD YOU FOUND YOUR WAY HERE.

LOOKS LIKE A NEAT COLLECTION OF STUFF. LIKE THE PLATOLENE SIGN....IT'S A SHAME IT'S SO ROUGH...KINDA RARE FOR SURE.

BTW, YOU MIGHT WANT TO ADJUST/CHANGE OUT THE 3RD PIC AS IT'S THE SAME AS THE #2 PIC.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
H
OP Offline
H
relooked at the pic it looks a little rougher in the pic than it is. of course the top is bent and of course rusted, but the spots on the rest of it is like a sticker or something (like they changed brands and put the new "flavor" over the old sign). could prbably be removed but I am too chicken to try fixed the pic problem pretty quick but you beat me to it

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WELCOME TO OLDGAS
I'm not a Photo Bucket user, but select link for FORUMS instead of a direct link to images.
OR
Do a picture upload, instructions @ top of General Petroliana Discussion page.

H
OP Offline
H
i'll try the forum thing next time
I tried to post the pic straight up but had trouble

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The Platolene sign is killer!!! and I imagine super rare. It's the first one I've ever seen in that size.

Oh and welcome to this great website.

Take care,
Jerry

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to the site. I especially like the Willard Battery display. The Platolene sign doesn't show up all that often, so great finds.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Picture #4 is not an oil pump, it is a grease dispenser, probably a Bennett.

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Fri Apr 30 2010 08:19 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome aboard.
Lots of goodies you have. Space, budget and a spouse can be very restrictive on all our collections. But we can quit anytime we want to! Right after that next find.
Mike

H
OP Offline
H
thanks for the heads up on the grease dispenser. any more info or pics? really starting to turn my head. I thought of it as rusty junk that someone might want, and know It's growing on me.

The sign caught my eye pretty quick, I already got offered $150 on another sight but I said no because it is local history and belonged to my friends family

H
OP Offline
H
THe willard sign is for cables not batteries, which I liked because I don't see alot of accessory signs.(except maybe wipers, lot of thoise around

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
For a replacement grease barrel, stop @ your local Quicky Lube [PENNZOIL/TEXACO etc] & ask for an empty 1/4 barrel, they'll probably give it to you for asking.

H
OP Offline
H
i'll keep that in mind for temp, but will still look for older, might look odd with new and shiny on old steel wheels. thanks for the idea

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I've always been on a budget myself so I know you're pain but still I manage. You just have to work at it a little harder, always keep vigil on "potentials". I have a number of people who have worked with me over time to thank and I'm quite proud of what I have managed. As Bob noted, I think the battery cables wall display is pretty neat. Welcome to our little piece of heaven and the madness that takes hold of you!

........Dave
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Welcome to Old Gas. Cool stuff I like the Platolene 500 also. But I like big signs smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved