Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#185348 Sat May 01 2010 02:13 PM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Need a little help to understand how this would mount on a pump. Looking through Jacks book it shows a Wayne 100 using this light. Did the pump have a special top that it would mount to or did it mount directly (remove globe ring) to the top of the pump? A picture would be a plus and if someone has a bonnet for sale please let me know.....Thanks

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
The bonnett mounts on top of the lighter pole with four fasteners. The lighter mounts to the pump in the standard globe mount.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It's a little more complicated than just mounting to globe holder, a stiff wind will blow it over. It takes longer bolts/conduit down to frame under top sheet metal.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This is how a BENNETT 646 Station Lighter mounts to top of pump[w/o a globe holder].

& the actual mount that is bolted to framework

Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett
It's a little more complicated than just mounting to globe holder, a stiff wind will blow it over. It takes longer bolts/conduit down to frame under top sheet metal.

Not on the wayne 100a, 100b, 70 and 60. The station lighters were designed to just replace the globe, sorry professor, LOL.

Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I appreciate the info. ...It had four long threaded bolts on the bottom that I assume were used for mounting. With some station lighters it is mounted using a unique top. In this case it would look correct mounted to the top but with a little extra bracing inside of the pump? Was this light used on other Wayne pump models?

M
M
I have a 100A with the station lighter it was off when I got it.But it is for the pump that I got with it. the station lighter had two C shaped plates of steel that go inside the pump on the studs from the post to brace it. there was no sign of a globe holder ever on the pump the steel plates look original not home built. marty

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Very cool!! Really changes the look of the pump with one of these on there. Nice find smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
All of the wayne harp style and straight style lighters I have had did not have any additional bracing inside for the lighter.

On all the other lighters I have had especially Tokheim, there has been additional bracing inside to help support it.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved