Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#185760 Tue May 04 2010 06:10 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Are Xacto Bower clockface pumps not popular anymore ? Several years ago I spent $1375 on one and only fault it has a tiny dent by the face. Has the original faces. I have been listing and listing it on ebay and get nothing but low offers now the offers dropping to $800. On this site only 2 offers and they were not good as they wanted me to take check and cash it and refund part of it and I know not to do that. I know that it is hard to deal with bigger items on ebay but had a man from Sweden buy my National a38, erie and Wayne 60 but absolutely no interst in the Bowser xacto. I know its hard to find buyers to pick up item but had no problem with people wanting to pick up the wayne 60. I spent alot at Escalon for a Milwaukee clockface($1800) I know its rarer but now worried I may have paid way to much for that one since this Bower is so unpopular. I may be moving and wanted to sell the heavy items.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Ebay is always tough for selling pumps, plus we are in a recession. Most if not all pump prices have come down.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think ya worry too much! Prices are down somewhat on everything but don't give up just because it didn't sell this time! I have listed an item on ebay several times with no responses and then suddenly there are 3 or 4 bidders fighting over it! Go figure! I just assume that the whole world isn't watching at the same time and you just have to get it in front of the right person at the right time!
As far as the Milwaukee--it was worth exactly what you paid for it because you were willing to part with your cash in order to own it that day! Makes no difference whether others are sold cheaper or for more--not important. You got what you wanted at the price you were willing to pay and thats whats important! You'll take all the fun out of it for yourself if you start beating yourself up when someone buys a like item at a cheaper price!
I recently bought a Cities Service oil bottle display rack that I thought was too high priced but the condition and my desire to own a very rare piece, convinced me to part with my cash and I'm very glad I did! It makes me smile every day that I look at it!
Now get out there and enjoy your Milwaukee and keep trying to sell the Bowser---it'll be OK!!!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Pump prices have been soft lately, but $800 seems kinda low. I saw one go at auction a little while ago for $975 in similar shape. I don't know where Adelanto is, but you may be a victim of poor geography in relation to other interested parties (they're figuring in $100+ in gas or whatever to the price). I've run into that myself before.

Personally, I love that Xacto pump. If you weren't 3000 miles away I'd be interested in talking turkey.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Sorry but my eyes kind of glaze over when looking at a Bowser Xacto if it's the pump im thinking of. I love clock face pumps but TO ME some of the bowsers are just a few steps better than a farm pump with a little dial on the front. Just my 2 cents. But like I said on another post alter the lines a little and ad a computer and you have a Tokheim 34 which I really like the looks of. The eyes of the beholders

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Do you think the seller was happy w/ this Auction Sale ?
http://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=1602&aid=24642&lid=7575659#topoflot
[I did the ad glass].

OUCH!

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
If you've been to an auction lately, you'd never believe that money was tight. Had some bids on several Fry 17's and a G&B 176..all in rough condition...at auction the week of Dixie gas. Actually had given the auctioneer a check for $3500.00 and a list of a bunch of things I wanted since I couldn't be there in person. I got one item for $50.00! The pumps sold for $2000.00 each. That included the G&B which had the base rusted off!!!! He said that he could'nt understand the high bids but was happy to get them..... People in times of stress sometimes sell things a bit too cheaply. Clockface pumps are always a good item to have. My advice, move it and wait for the prices to rebound.....it will probably happen sooner than most of us getting our money back from the stock markets. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dick, did you watch that sale? I couldn't believe how cheap some of those pumps sold for?

Visit our Website or FaceBook Page

Lance @ Pogos Garage

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I thought the 187, Roman, 800 & 300 did well in this economy, all the rest was a buyers market [signs & globes included].

Originally Posted By: Dick Bennett
I thought the 187, Roman, 800 & 300 did well in this economy, all the rest was a buyers market [signs & globes included].

X2

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
right place right time works both ways!keep it up for sale on different places,you'll do better.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Ryan --What did the Roman go for ? Tom

Here is the link with all of the selling prices.

http://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=24642

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Thank you-- Ryan

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved