Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'm 47 and just started collecting this summer. I have many friends who been collecting and restoring for many years and have been fortunate to acquire many of the items I've started with from a long time Texaco collector. It's been said that I've collected in a few months what it normally takes people years to collect. Starting to restore my own pumps now and also starting to collect cans and globes. Texaco and Red Indian are my main focus right now with Gilmore becoming a third favorite.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Thanks for all the comments on this post. It is very nice to see how all of you got started collecting and how long you have been at it. I am very glad I asked this question 2 years ago. I would like to see the younger generation get in to collecting. Please Share with your kids and grand kids. Thanks Scott

Always looking for grizzly gasoline stuff, or any Montana gas and oil stuff.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I'm 55 and have old gas station signs I collected when I was 12 or 13 when a Rupp mini bike was my main ride. A few Pure Oil items came when I purchased my first car at 16 as the station was my favorite stop. After families, working on a Nascar Winston Cup team and starting a business took me in different directions, I returned as a serious collector about 15 years ago. Sunoco, Pure Oil are my true favorites but anything gas/oil related seems to find my collection.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Hello. I am 39 and just added pump #29 and am trying to close the deal on #30.

Love the hobby and am always adding pumps signs and air meters.

Always looking for more pumps, meters and signs.
Some say it is a problem, I say it is a solution
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
Just celebrated my 32 birthday. I have seven pumps, want 30!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
23, had a passion for old cars as long as i can remember then came soda bottles then came pumps.. the girlfriend finally said the pumps can come in the apartment. 100% collector at heart but I don't have many pumps right now because i have to sell some to buy ones i really want because the part time paycheck doesn't buy the good stuff.

Kyle DeKoning

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
33 and have already gone passed the bought/sold total of 33 pumps.. lol..

W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
And who said this hobby is dying,,, I can't believe all the young collectors on here,,no wonder stuff is getting harder to find, I think the hobby is really expanding,, NOT dying,,thats what makes prices higher, supply and demand,,it will be the young guns that drive the prices up with the NEW money, I think it's great,,I love competition,,

Wes.......
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Glad to see some more collecting also. I am 42 now, have 30 restored pumps, about 80 more unrestored and owned hundreds more. Keep it up!!!!

Thanks, Phil
H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
I am 28. I have ben collecting for about 10 years now. I have always collected Sinclair Items ad really nice condition large signs. I have only have about 10 pumps (Wayne 60, Tok 34, Tok 36B, National A38, Bennet 150, I am now getting into rare pumps. Just bought an Erie 53, that I posted on here, A Pennometer from Miles Little, and a Wayne Roman last week)(Wife says it can go in the foyer when it is finished). I can't wait to get them restored. Thanks to Miles Little, Blair Underwood, etc. If it were not for a few of the older collectors sharing info and helping me with my collection along the way, I probably wouldn't have the interest in the hobby that I have. I hope I can do the same when I get older. Jeff Meadows

I am looking for Nice Condition Signs, Globes, Etc. from the Sinclair HC era and older for my Sinclair Station.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Same here Jeff. Miles and Blair have been great to me too. 2 great guys

Kyle DeKoning

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Im 17 and I started collecting pumps, porcelain signs, and oil cans when I was 14. I have a visible, wayne 60, and a tall tokheim 39, and about 17 porcelain signs. I love this hobby and plan on doing it forever!! Braden Splichal

Braden Splichal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Im 17 and I started collecting pumps, porcelain signs, and oil cans when I was 14. I have a visible, wayne 60, and a tall tokheim 39, and about 17 porcelain signs. I love this hobby and plan on doing it forever!! Braden Splichal

Braden Splichal

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
35, & have had the bug for about 4 years now! I think this stuff will always be collectible. As long as people love cars that use gas & oil!!

Camron
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Moved text to the other similar post.

Last edited by Dave's Garage; Mon Jul 23 2012 12:41 PM.

Dave GILL,
Dave's Garage & Memorabilia, Inc.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved