Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#186020 Wed May 05 2010 10:39 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Is there any collectors 40 and under collection? or are they older collectors only with this fun hobby.

Always looking for grizzly gasoline stuff, or any Montana gas and oil stuff.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I was 29 when I started collecting petro and now in my 40s.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
I'm in my early 30s and have been collecting on and off for the last 6-8 years.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'm just in at 39, starting collecting at 28,,,,still no cure!

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Good to here. I thought i was the only one in my late 30s collection been at this for 21 years and not getting better. That means this stuff will be harder to find as time goes on.Looks like the younger kids are not in to this stuff,like kids in there early 20s hope that changes.

Always looking for grizzly gasoline stuff, or any Montana gas and oil stuff.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I STARTED IN 1984 AT AGE 24. I'M NOW 50 AND HOPE THEY DON'T FIND A CURE! wink

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
K
K
I'm 30 on the dot. I started collecting pumps about 4 or 5 years ago. My best friends Dad had a couple of 60's pumps out in front of his garage and I thought it would be cool to have 1, maybe 2 pumps of my own. I now have 9 and don't see any slowing down.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'm in my early 30s and been collecting petro stuff for about 5-7 years. Been collecting other stuff like soft drink items, license plates, etc. since I was about 8.

Brian

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I started when I was 13-14 years old with some old soda signs I got from my Grandma... then in 90' when I was 25 started to get after it buying gas and oil signs and a couple years later got my first visable from an old boy named Jim Irish. He would laugh his butt off that "young" guys would pay good money for the stuff he got paid good money for to haul away!lol
Now at 44 I have 6 pumps many signs and a ton of old oil cans and ONE very rare salesman sample pump.... (just checking to see if you read all the posts Dick! Lol)
I have been responsible for getting two others seriously into the hobby. Thier wives hate me! lol
I am looking forward to meeting you guys at Iowa this year!
Jim
Garage-a-gogo

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I will be 33 next week, started collecting when I was 25. When I started I wanted 2 pumps and a Oil Can Rack with a few oil cans to make a little Island in my Garage. Well I have 8 Pumps, Approx. 300 oil cans and alot of signs and Yes I have a Major Petro Addiction!!!!!!

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
D
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
D
I'm 34, been collecting old gas for about 3 and a half years now. I started collecting coins/stamps at 10 years old, then as I got older and started working, the ability to collect rarer and better things started me collecting 1930's movie memorabilia, autographs, and 1930's Disneyana, things I could not afford when I was really young. I guess that's how it works, the more money you make, the more you spend on your hobbies!
Growing up my Dad had old gas items around the shop, the best items the two Sinclair Aircraft DS porcelain signs that covered holes in the barn floor when Dad bought our farm in '73. I think growing up with the stuff you have an appreciation for it others might not. I would guess even though some people on here say their kids don't appreciate the stuff now, at least the seed is there for when they get a bit older they could grow into a future collector. Maybe not as young as some of us, but I'm sure when Dad meets his maker, they will probably keep a few Petrol items around to remember Dad. Hopefully that might lead to more collectors in the future.
I guess either way, whether or not the stuff is worth a lot in the future, I enjoy my collection very much and I guess that's the point of having it. I really enjoy walking into my apartment and being greeted by hundreds of Flying Red Horses. My visitors love it too!
Have a good one all,
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Add me, 34 now but the bug bit me at 20

Scott Wright
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
32 and been collecting for as long as I can remember. I distinctly remember asking my dad to buy signs or other misc. gas/oil stuff as a little kid and being told "What are yoyu goona do with that junk?". Now he's starting to buy similar stuff that I've been buying for years.... Can also remember driving by the Texaco station at I-94 and Ecorse Rd in Taylor, Mich as a kid and always wanting the Hexagon style sign and pole out standing outfront. One item that's still on my want list today!!!!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'm 33 and have been collecting for about 4 years now...My oldest son is 5 and he's been collecting since he was 4 lol...he's got the fever worse than me smile We collect but also sell a lot of signs (both petro, country store, soda pop)...our customers range from their 20s to 80s. At certain auctions we feel like some of the younger folks there but at shows and especially on the web it seems the age groups are younger (than at auctions).

Wanted: Husky Cans/Signs, Interesting Pump Plates and NC Road Signage

Website www.petrojoe.com
32 here been collecting cans and toy pumps since I was 15. just started collecting pumps and resoring them last year or so. I'm a foster dad and I had one kid about 7yrs old and he just took all my toy pumps back home with him, and he helped me work on pumps alot and drive all over the place to buy more, he loves it. So that'll be another old "young" gasser.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved