Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#186066 Thu May 06 2010 07:56 AM
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I have a guy that wants to do some trading and he has a 6' HC Sinclair Double Sided Porcelain Sign. Sign is pretty good with chips around the edges, but shows well. How much should I give him for the sign? I want to be safe, in case I want to sale later on; I'd like to at least get back what I gave for it.....Please Advise and thanks for your time......John

......John
fanfan75601@yahoo.com
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
PICTURES WOULD HELP ALOT IN GIVING HONEST PRICE JUDGEMENT. HOWEVER, BASED ON YOUR DESCRIPTION MAYBE PUTTING IT IN THE 7-8 CATEGORY. $300-450. BUT THAT IS JUST MY OWN OPINION.

I HAVE THREE: ONE IS FADED IN THE RED. HAS CHIPS, ETC. I GAVE $150 FOR IT 7 YEARS AGO.
THE 2ND ONE IS IN SOMEWHAT BETTER SHAPE IN THE RED AREA BUT HAS STREAKS. I PAID $275 FOR IT 9 YEARS AGO.
THE 3RD ON IS MY BEST AND HAS THE IRON RING AROUND THE OUTSIDE. STRONG COLORS AND SOME CHIPS. PAID ABOUT $350 FOR IT 6 YEARS AGO.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks for the info. The guy told me he paid $800 for it; but I didn't think that sign was worth that. I was thinking in the 300 dollar range. Thanks so much for your time...

......John
fanfan75601@yahoo.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I have a nice 6 footer in a ring. From what I have seen, good gloss with small chips will bring more than faded without chips. It all depends on the visual appeal most of the time.Doc is probably real close on price. It would have to be nice to hit $800

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved