Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#18619 Mon Sep 02 2002 11:45 AM
T
OP Offline
T
I've come across 8 old traffic tignals that I can buy... These are the type that have all 4 ways built into one fixture. They are aluminum and supposedly came from KY and were hung in the late 40's or early 50's. They are currently black, but show signs of yellow in a former life. What I'm interested in finding out is what the value of these are for resale. I hate to pay too much for them and then not be able to recoup my investment. If anyone has any experience, I'd appreciate your input!

Tim

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
well Tim heres what i did with mine , even though mine is a single , i made a stand with a 1" pipe, threads on both ends , 2 nuts and an old plow disk in whith i made the hole bigger ,nutted it both sides , rewired the light painted it black an yellow put flasher bottons in then light bulbs 15 watts , on top i put a small signal table lamp globe , i fixed this for a display for my bothe to sell at a gas bash , i couldn't git it out of the truck and a guy bugged me to sell it to him , when he got to 275.00 i couldn't say no , good luck.

D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
well Tim heres what i did with mine , even though mine is a single , i made a stand with a 1" pipe, threads on both ends , 2 nuts and an old plow disk in whith i made the hole bigger ,nutted it both sides , rewired the light painted it black an yellow put flasher bottons in then light bulbs 15 watts , on top i put a small signal table lamp globe , i fixed this for a display for my bothe to sell at a gas bash , i couldn't git it out of the truck and a guy bugged me to sell it to him , when he got to 275.00 i couldn't say no , good luck.

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Tim:

Go to E-bay and look for 'Signal Light' or 'Traffic Light'. You can see what everybody is asking for their lights and figure out your costs accordingly. If you follow a few to the end of the auctions you can see what they are really selling for.

If you get the units, let me know as I might be interested in one.

Thanks.

K
K
I have several traffic lights and one of them is a General Electric 4 way, (12 bulbs) from early 50's, I paid $400 for it which I felt was a pretty good deal, there is a dealer here locally that sells them for $600 and they are usually around $750 on ebay, let me know what you decide, there is always room for one more!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved