Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
hale87 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Alright I went ahead and melted the reset handle off, but now I'm not sure how to remove the calculator. Don't want to just start tearing things apart if there's a simple process?

Thanks for your help.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Pretty simple process, once the reset handle is out of the way. There are 3 bolts holding the VR in place and thats all there is to it! Of course, take the face plates off first, as they restrict the movement. After that its only a matter of wiggling it out of there!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Yep, exactly what Kevin said. Keep in mind, the "Barrel" part of the computer and the actual head with the pricing wheels, etc do not need to come apart. This whole thing comes out as 1 unit.

If it's in decent enough shape, you can clean it up with simple green (awesome degreaser/cleaner) and a stainless or brass brush. Don't use the brush on the wheels though unless you plan on repainting them. Compressed air helps a lot too.

If it's in less than good shape, consider sending it off to Joe Yocum, a member on this site. It will come back looking NEW. There's lots of pictures of Joe's work on this site, it's amazing what he can do with a computer. It sounds like this is your first pump, if it is, I wouldn't even think about trying to disassemble the computer yourself unless you're a mechanical/gearing whiz. I did that once for fun on a busted up computer and needless to say it ended up as a box of parts.

H
hale87 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: K W FRITH
There are 3 bolts holding the VR in place and thats all there is to it!

I'm guessing the VR is that connection half way between the crank and the computer?

Thanks for your help.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
VR = Veeder Root = maker of the unit.

Veeder Root Rebuilds.....since 1987
Veeder Root Identification CD
Gas Pump Clock Repair
jkyocom@bellsouth.net
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
VR = calculator

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Simple Green is good stuff but Easy Off oven cleaner is miracle spray for cleaning calculators. I don't know what it is about pumping diesel fuel but the insides of a pump used on a farm after years of pumping diesel is the blackest gooey stuff I've even seen. I take them to the car wash, spray it down with Oven Off and let it soak for 3-4 minutes. Between that and hot soapy car wash spray they look like a new unit. Of coarce if the numbers are sun faded they bleach out but I've done several with Easy Off and I'll not use anything else. Like Mikey said "try it: you'll like it". Good luck on your restoration project.

MB
H
hale87 Offline OP
OP Offline
H
It's out.

Thanks......

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved