Print Thread
#18824 Sun Jan 09 2005 03:38 PM
O
okoil1 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
O
A Mobil Special Globe w/Flying Red Horse (original Red CAPCO). Says something to the effect of L-2, Licensed by the Mobil Corporation around the bottom, No date. Can't find this referenced on the repo list or description of originals in Scott's book. Mobilgas is also in Blue, but my uderstanding is they were made w/blue and black "Mobilgas". Any explanation would be appreciated.
Thanks

[This message has been edited by okoil1 (edited 01-09-2005).]

Collect small Oklahoma Oil Co.'s 1920's-1940's. Barnsdall, Cushing, Eason, Marland, etc.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#18825 Sun Jan 09 2005 04:16 PM
P
P
Any item, be it a sign, globe, or whatever, that has "Licensed by the Mobil Corporation" on it is definitely a reproduction. Actually, all repo items that use any of the various Mobil-owned logos should be marked like this.....it means the manufacturer signed an agreement with Mobil to use the logo accurately and in some cases agreed to pay a licensing fee. Unfortunately, many manufacturers have "stolen" the logos and don't use them properly. When I worked for Mobil, the company's legal department was quite vigilant in identifying and stopping those that used logos without licensing agreements, but I don't think that's the case today.

------------------
Richard Weir
"Pegasus"
Hillsboro, Ohio

Richard Weir
Corinth, Texas
#18826 Sun Jan 09 2005 04:22 PM
O
okoil1 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
O
Thanks,
I was affraid of that and anticipated that was the case, I bought the thing from the back of the room at an auction, not realy looking at it before the sale,....just noting the body was original, and I can use the Red Capco for something.

Collect small Oklahoma Oil Co.'s 1920's-1940's. Barnsdall, Cushing, Eason, Marland, etc.

#18827 Sun Jan 09 2005 04:31 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
It seems odd that the repo lenses would be on a relatively rare original red capco body. I'd think the body is a repo too?? If the halves are real flexible to twisting when you take the lenses out it's not original.
Jim

Wanted: Wadhams - Bartles - O'neils - Items

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved