Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Just putting numbers on this, 200 globes at $1000.00 each, 100 unrestored pumps at 2000.00 each, by the looks of it 100 electric pumps at 500.00 each, and 100 signs at 1000.00 each. How in the world do we get to $1,000,000.00 and this is just giving them the benefit of the doubt ? But what fun !!

Craig
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well he cut the price 1/2, and cut the 100 pumps to 1/2 too - but what do you guys think this is really worth?

There are some very hard to find things hidden in DthAT DthERE piles!

I did see a Bowser C-110 TOP but no bottom - wheres the bottom! I would like to see someone find a bottom to put that on if it's not there! Let's see, as far as I know I am the only one here with a Bowser C-110, but mine does not have the "dial-a-gallon computer" or it's door "been looken 5 years for one now".

HIS:

MINE:

Travis
Topeka, Kansas

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I talked to the guy he really wants 250k but he is a picker who is trying to help sell the collection. I really don't think a collector would buy this lot as there is not one super rare item in the bunch. Sure there are a few older pumps but not enough to justify the $$$. You would have to find a dealer. The dealer would want to make some $$ so I think the collection would have to be priced somewhere aroun $100k or so. Just my .02 Here is a link to all the pics:
http://picasaweb.google.com/112816143502...amp;feat=email#

Scott Wright
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Travis, That could also be a C-111 top.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I've talked with the guy several times and have tried to explain that he would probably have better luck splitting it into 3 or 4 lots (signs, pumps, globes, and cans or misc stuff). He says the owner of this stuff has been picking for 40 yrs to get the collection to where it's at. The owner says it all goes in one lot or not at all.

Jerry

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I see the globe that i have been after for a long time in the pile, But im still nit parting with that kind of money.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I offered a very large sum of money for the globes and after seeing the globes my offer was probably right at retail value. Very nice guy to talk to but he just thinks what he has is gold.

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D

Something about seeing all those neglected globes and signs bothers me...yeah maybe the guy is a long time picker but you oughta take pride in your collection...looks like a bunch of junk laying around...

There's no stopping the Cretins from hopping
You've got to keep it beating for the hopping Cretins
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I see a nice early American computer pump, model 488 that I would love to have in the pile.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Looks more like a pack rat that has some nice items & takes care of none of it frown
There are a few pumps & globes that anyone would love to have in there collection.

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Look at the bright side - at least he did not die and have his family bring in a bunch of dumpsters and start hauling stuff to the dump - and we all find out 6 months later! In the end this will all end up in our hands one way or another.

Travis
Topeka, Kansas

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
WHERE IS THIS COLLECTION? WOW LOTS OF GOOD STUFF!!

collecting standard oil items
Tim Flannery
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Good point Travis that is a good way to look at it.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Travis I can agree with ya there smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
P
P
Miles Little is a good friend of mine and I gave him the phone number to check this out. To make a long story short Miles called the guy and it lasted about 20 seconds after finding out who was on the other end. Miles hung up and said he had dealings with this guy not to long ago that is representing this stuff and would never deal with him again. Those of you that know Miles know he is straight shooter and gets along with everybody. After Miles told me what this guy did I say anybody that is interested in this stuff better be able to put there hands on it to check it out and make sure who does own it.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved