Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#189989 Sat Jun 05 2010 06:10 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
This auction is loaded with items that many of you may be interested in. Gary Foss was a well known collector in this area.

http://www.k-bid.com/cgi-bin/mndetails.cgi?klosteria46

Ron

Last edited by Ron Scobie; Sat Jun 05 2010 06:11 AM.

Ron Scobie
http://www.gaspump.com or
rscobie(TheAtSymbol)gaspump.com
Phone - Six five one-653-6503
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks for the link Ron.

M
M
Anyone picking stuff up and going to Columbus by chance??

Always looking for pre-1915 cars. Any leads appreciated!
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I wish I had seen the link before the auction took place! Some items I would have been interested in. I'm disappointed I didn't go...

Alan
Collecting MN and Minneapolis gas and oil related items
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hey Alan
It wasn't a live auction it was all online...I bet the cushman guys weren't too happy the day the auction was supposed to end I would say 80% of the cushmans were stopped due to title trouble. Kinda weird I've never seen an auction wait till the last day to stop an item because of paper work issues you would figure all that stuff would be worked out ahead of time.

Jerry

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
ah...good to know. At least about the online part. I was surprised to see such low prices, but with the 13% commission plus shipping, it wasn't incredibly cheap.

That being said, there were a few cans I still wish I had bid on.

Alan
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Yea the shipping deal is pretty lame something I could have had shipped by fed ex for $10.00 cost 32.00 because of the pickup fee. I was suprised a few of the cans went as cheap as they did. I'm not sure if I like Kbid all that much because the site makes it hard to snipe, instead of one item ending right after the other their timing system will end all the items on the same page at once.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Jerry, did you buy many items? There was a Manhattan and Willoco can I was looking at.

Alan
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I bought the Johnson grease can, the Dixie Penn can, and the lot of gulflube cans which I didn't really even want. I was bidding on the peqote chief 1/2 gallon can or however you spell it haha but it wasn't in that great of condition and it went for almost 100. I don't remember seeing the manhattan or willoco cans I will have to go back and look. Like I said before this auction site is funny they extend the time if you try and snipe an item. I tried snipe the 1/2 gallon can was high bid at 60.00 an they extended the time 2min and other people snuck in which is kind of bs if an auction ends it ends.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Yeah, I really liked the Peqote can too. With the extra fees, it definitely would've extended how much I would want to pay for it though. I figure if guys get the items in time, I'll be seeing them for twice the price in Columbus!

thanks again for the info, I appreciate it.

Alan
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Add me to the complaint list on the shipping charges aswell.... Bought 1 can, the Ford 2 Gallon Tractor, $32.26 to ship!!!! Hopefully it's as nice as it looks in the pics for that kind of money....

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I hear ya Robert77. I bought the porcelain Standard torch base and the shipping charges are $57.00 ! That's more than I paid for the dang thing ! I'm now glad I didn't win any more items.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Wow talk about scammers so I called up the shipping place told them exactly what I bought and gave dimensions and told them 15 lbs for the items I bought and I know for a fact what I bought didn't add up to 10lbs. Anyways they quoted me 20.00 which was double fed ex ( just shipped a guitar 2 weeks ago thT weighed 26 lbs to Alabama for 13.68 through fed ex) Just got the paypal invoice and it was 40.00. I'll never buy from an auction company that uses a shipping service like this again.

Also Alan no problem glad I could help you out.

Jerry

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
So does anyone know if what happened here is the norm with "Shipping & Handling" charges on absentee aucions??? I was planning on placing an absentee bid on an item in the upcoming "Check the Oil" auction, but I don't want to pay 2 to 3 times the price of the item for shipping!

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Some places will completely HAMMER you on shipping...I just picked up some signs from an auction house 1 state away...they put all the signs (except for 1) in a MASSIVE box....shipping cost $288 and they were a mere 6 hours away...I called the auctioneer and have not heard back...

There are auction houses that will really take care of you on shipping...I think the most reaasonable is Matthews Auction...I've never had any issues with their shipping or prices charged.

Wanted: Husky Cans/Signs, Interesting Pump Plates and NC Road Signage

Website www.petrojoe.com

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved