Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
I sold a Roman first of this year for 12K unrestored and the guy was tickled pink to get it. Not saying this one will go for that much, and I don't think ebay is the place to sell pumps, but seriously, if you decided today you wanted one...could you find one to buy? There are still LOTS of people out there with plenty of disposable income. I say it brings 8.7K with no glass.

P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Hey Kris, you seem like a nice guy...if you really want one, I have a good complete Roman with blue cylinder I'll sell you reasonably smile

Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
WOW 12k this year = nice.

4 years ago before gas hit $3.75 a gallon I could sell my un-restored Fry Mae West's Cast/or/Steel for $1,900 with no glass, pump handle, conduit, shut off valve, rods or lower doors. The high gas prices killed the market around here and it still has not recovered for me, today $900.00-1,200.00 tops for a Mae un-restored - so I am not selling them, I am buying - everyone I can find I buy and I am just stashing them for the better days down the road. Fry Speedboys are bringing $5-600.00 unrestored with glass - restored $1,250.00 - just not enough in it to bother with with right now.

Yea some people have money but they know the market sucks and so they are hitten the prices hard and will pass on a dime - I have seen it first hand.

Now is the time to BUY.

I am very interested to see what this goes for this time.

Travis
Topeka, Kansas

P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Alright, fess up...who got him to end it early? I was really looking forward to seeing what it brought. Anyone know what happened??

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think he is an idiot. I offered, well let's say. 7 plus when it was at 4k and he was interested in how to end the auction early. If it got to over 8k and he ended early that's pretty stupid. Got scared or some money guy had to have it. Either way irritating.

Kris Strong
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I think askin a seller to end an item early is bs anyways. If he wanted to sell it outright he would have listed it on craigslist with a price or added a buy it now. If it's something you want that bad suck it up and bid like the rest of us.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: SOUTHFLORIDAGAS
I think he is an idiot. I offered, well let's say. 7 plus when it was at 4k and he was interested in how to end the auction early. If it got to over 8k and he ended early that's pretty stupid. Got scared or some money guy had to have it. Either way irritating.

You call him stupid for ending it early, but it would have been OK for him to end it early for you ? What is Irritating is anybody that offers the seller cash to end an auction early. You all give your offers but whine like girls when somebody else gets it instead. If You all just let the auctions run their duration eBay would be a much better place. There, I feel better now!

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It would be nice to know how much it went for! I kinda like to keep track of the market as best I can but I guess there really is no way to guage the value of a pump like that! Hope we get to see it again--maybe all prettied up? Anyone going to fess up to having bought it?

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Don't care that it eas ended. End it whenever it's not my life! What is irritating is that he wouldn't end it early, understandable, but after days on Ebay and all the ineterest and offers, that's a stupid time to end it. Wait one more day and see what happens. That was my point.

Kris Strong
Originally Posted By: SOUTHFLORIDAGAS
Don't care that it eas ended. End it whenever it's not my life! What is irritating is that he wouldn't end it early, understandable, but after days on Ebay and all the ineterest and offers, that's a stupid time to end it. Wait one more day and see what happens. That was my point.

Maybe he was offered big money from American pickers!

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Southfloridagas- Why is it ok to bad mouth the seller when you are not able to buy it for less then its worth? He said you offered less then what you wrote. The net of it all was that someone stepped up and paid what he wanted or he kept it.

Either way I think he did just fine and I would say he was smart to use Ebay to advertise for a very low cost.

Scott Wright
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
OK again getting carried away from the original thought " Here goes my run on sentence. If I had something that was getting a ton of positive inquiries and or offers, let it stay on Ebay while I watched it climb quickly from 4k to over 8k with quite a lot of time left, and then pulled the item I would have to wonder what I was doing. That's it. No real offers, no real bidders ok typiucally you pull and sell for a soled cash offer. The way this panned out is lacking in the logic department. Maybe a bird in hand is better than two in the bush. I have spent more time responding over something that wasn't meant to be. FYI I offerd 6500 cash ealry obviously trying to get a good deal than countered and said I would go over 7. Goodnite guys.

Kris Strong
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
I got an email this morning saying my bid was canceled. I had it set up to snipe for $10222 , I hope he got at least that for it.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Glad to see they still bring GOOD MONEY.
I'm still looking for an AIR manifold casting that holds the 3rd lever for my 5gal.

O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
I sold one last fall outright for $12000. A complete pump, no paint, lots of surface rust. It went to Texas

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved