Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Originally Posted By: Ohio Oil

Next thing you're going to tell me WWF wrestling is all staged too.

Say it aint so!

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think it's great entertainment. That's all it is. I enjoy watching both those shows.

Monday nights I have the Roadshow, Pickers, and the fat Pawndudes to watch. Best night and about the only night I watch TV.

Always looking for Ithaca Gun and Lucky Sam soda items!!!

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
I get the roadshow too before pickers. Makes for a good two hours of tv. I don't watch the pawn guys.

DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I laugh when people make a deal out of the fact it's all staged. Like no kidding, you mean it's not all happening in real time?

I think the guys are a little nerdy at times, but it is interesting looking at the different places they get in to and what stuff is out there in various parts of the country.

shocked YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME! WWFIS STAGED? frown HOW COULD THAT BE WITH A NAME LIKE "JAKE THE SNAKE" LOL! KIDDING,BUT I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU ON THE NERDY PART!MY WIFE THOUGHT THEY WERE GAY,WHEN WE WATCHED THE 1ST SEASON PREMIER LAST YEAR!LOL THOSE GUYS HAVE KINDA BECOME A PART OF OUR HOUSEHOLD ,BECAUSE I CAN'T SIT HERE A LIE AND SAY IM NOT A FAN,BECAUSE I AM!LOL WE RECORD THE SHOW ON OUR DVR LIKE CLOCKWORK! LOL I JUST LOVE WATCHING THE SHOW ,TO MUCH COOL STUFF TO SEE!

CHRIS
BUYING ANYTHING EARLY HUMBLE OIL CO.
BUY SELL TRADE ORIGINAL GAS PUMP PARTS
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Originally Posted By: DIESEL
I laugh when people make a deal out of the fact it's all staged. Like no kidding, you mean it's not all happening in real time?

I think the guys are a little nerdy at times, but it is interesting looking at the different places they get in to and what stuff is out there in various parts of the country.

shocked YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME! WWFIS STAGED? frown HOW COULD THAT BE WITH A NAME LIKE "JAKE THE SNAKE" LOL! KIDDING,BUT I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU ON THE NERDY PART!MY WIFE THOUGHT THEY WERE GAY,WHEN WE WATCHED THE 1ST SEASON PREMIER LAST YEAR!LOL THOSE GUYS HAVE KINDA BECOME A PART OF OUR HOUSEHOLD ,BECAUSE I CAN'T SIT HERE A LIE AND SAY IM NOT A FAN,BECAUSE I AM!LOL WE RECORD THE SHOW ON OUR DVR LIKE CLOCKWORK! LOL I JUST LOVE WATCHING THE SHOW ,TO MUCH COOL STUFF TO SEE!

Actually, in one show last season, a guy that they were buying stuff from asked them if they were gay.

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
I do not know if I am cursed, or blessed. We do not have dish tv or cable tv so I have never seen Pickers or Pawn Stars. We have standard airwave TV, but none of the stations carry these shows. I get all kind of comments from people who stop by and check out our collection and cannot believe I have never seen the show. I get all the straight information from you guys here on Old Gas. Keep me informed. Thanks.

Norm Huff
F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
I enjoy watching American Pickers as well but I'm torn though - love seeing where they go and what they find, but don't like the fact that it's now broadcast and getting popular what certain items are worth. Now people will be running out to their barns and digging up all sorts of 'now much more expensive' relics.

Maybe that's just my happily greedy side talking..?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I dont think your being greedy fuelboy at all. The show in a way hurts us because someone sees something on the show and now poof there's is worth just as much or more, and they wont budge on price because there an expert since watching the show. I dont mind paying what something is worth but if I can get a deal im in to that as well.

Originals only for me. Always looking for Simpson oil, Super A, and MFA oil cans and globes.
Shawn Morris
DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: cmeon66
I do not know if I am cursed, or blessed. We do not have dish tv or cable tv so I have never seen Pickers or Pawn Stars. We have standard airwave TV, but none of the stations carry these shows. I get all kind of comments from people who stop by and check out our collection and cannot believe I have never seen the show. I get all the straight information from you guys here on Old Gas. Keep me informed. Thanks.
your blessed! believe me so! you are truly BLESSED!

CHRIS
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
The show is great in my opinion for this reason alone. My kids and wife watch it with me and they are actually excited when it comes on. It has generated an understanding for my wife and kids about why I like this stuff and why I like to go out and hunt for it. My 7 year old son has been asking me.. "when are you taking me American Picking Daddy" I think that says it all.

~Jason

6 ft signs & rare pump plates – Signal, Hancock, Mohawk, Polly, Flying A, Douglas, Richfield, PDQ, Stinker, Beeline, Neon , Dealership.

DIESEL Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: pollyman
The show is great in my opinion for this reason alone. My kids and wife watch it with me and they are actually excited when it comes on. It has generated an understanding for my wife and kids about why I like this stuff and why I like to go out and hunt for it. My 7 year old son has been asking me.. "when are you taking me American Picking Daddy" I think that says it all.
HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!

CHRIS
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I agree with ya there Shawn. Jason I my family watches it with me also. One of my boys loves to go junking or picking with me. He really looks forward to it when we do go smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Originally Posted By: gasoildude
I agree with ya there Shawn. Jason I my family watches it with me also. One of my boys loves to go junking or picking with me. He really looks forward to it when we do go smile

I wouldn't consider "picking" at swap meets, but this is along the same lines. I'm taking my 4 year old son tomorrow to his first swap meet. Even have a little wagon for him to pull. Should be fun.

Last edited by badgas; Fri Jun 11 2010 10:31 PM.
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
I watch this show but feel it has hurt us collectors. I have tried to buy a pump and they see it on there and say, it is worth 2000 on a 500 pump. Oh well, guess I'll keep watching it and pawn stars. LOL

Thanks, Phil
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I WATCH BOTH THE PROGRAMS AND I LIKE THEM, BUT I AM WITH YA ON THIS ONE PHIL, I THINK IT DRIVES UP PRICES ON COLLECTIBLES. JUST MY 2 CENTS..

collecting standard oil items
Tim Flannery
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved