Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#192506 Sun Jun 27 2010 04:33 PM
R
rockman Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Just curious. What is your driver of your thought process of what your looking for, what you would add or not add to your collection ? (Example)- right now I am trying to complete a "Full Service Island " I like red so I chose Texaco. I have a original restored Beennett 766 in Fire Chief, a Eco 97 original and restored, a oil can rack I converted from a old battery rack with a dozen or so repop Texaco oil cans and a few original oil spouts. Currently working to restore a original Island lightpost and I have several signs and flyers some are real and some aren't. Looking to add a few old water cans and maybe a repop bullet trash can. When I get done it will look like you could drive up and get whatever fuel,water , air or service you would need. I am just curious of your thoughts. To me Original or repop if I like it thats all that matters. My long range plan is to make it look complete and add in original stuff as I find it or can afford it. I keep it all in my Office at work, the job gets a bit stressful at times so I can kick my feet on the desk, stare at the Island and drift away.

Phil
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Don't forget the Windshield Service Box w/ paper towels, small Wisk Broom & Stained Grease Rag.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Right now i'm looking for painted tin signs that have been used & well loved. Not sure why i'm liking them so much might be because they are usually cheap. The tin signs are usually older & didn't seem to last.

I just recently picked up these 3 signs:

They are not all petro related but I'm not fussy Just liken the well worn tin signs.

Last edited by nochevys; Sun Jun 27 2010 06:13 PM.

Got Socony???

Tom
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
Hey Rockman. We have a good show here in Alabama. It is the Dry Creek Farm Gas, Oil, and Advertising Swap Meet July 9 & 10 in Susan Moore, Alabama. You can find a lot of gas and oil stuff to help complete your collection. I don't know where you are from in the Southeast, but come on to Sweet Home Alabama for a good show and a great time. You'll enjoy it.

R
rockman Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Here it is

0628101024.jpg DSC00534.JPG

Phil

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved