Print Thread
#192328 Sat Jun 26 2010 01:43 PM
H
hotcidr Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
H
I'm sorry to make this a new subject but I wanted everyone to see it without having to go through all the pages on the other post. All of you read my comments the last couple of years and I was "never going back", well I'm sure glad I did. Took my wife Mary Sue along this year and she really enjoyed all you guys, and wives,and I think she was good luck. This show, in many ways, outshined Iowa. Yes, it is/was smaller but talk about quality and quanity. First the hotel was FANTASTIC. the rooms are all suites. Free 2 hour happy hour each evening, free complete breakfast in the morning, 8, yes 8, floors of room to room and fast elevators between floors. If you couldn't find something to buy then you just plain didn't want anything. Yes, I'm selling my sign collection at Iowa but I started a new one at this show. Thanks and we will be back Ray

hotcidr #192400 Sat Jun 26 2010 08:58 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hey Ray, You're right. It was a great show. Loved the hotel layout. It was nice to have outside vendors in one spot. Added some nice pieces to my collection. I've been going to Columbus since about 1992. No it wasn't like it used to be, but then none of the shows or swap meets are anymore. Enjoyed talking to everyone. Met some new folks and rekindled old times with a lot of old friends. Will definitely go again next year! Pat.

Looking for early Pure Oil Company items(Energee,Detonox,Puritan)as well as any Woco Pep items.

Looking for graphic quart cans for my collection.
puregas #192415 Sun Jun 27 2010 05:28 AM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
I agree 100% Ray+Pat!
This show was the best show Ive EVER been to!
I sold 21 signs!!!
The motel was simply awesome! The parking lot was 1 large lot that was easily manageable.
Outstanding breakfast and Happy Hour was the icing on the cake!
People came to buy and sell!
A special thank You to the show promoters as they NOW have a perfect place for a show!
PS: It was great to see EVERYONE! God Bless!

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Here are BEFORE + AFTER pics of the parking lot...

Here is a few pictures of the INSIDE of the motel...

P
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
P
Nice shots Tom, we love this show but had unfortunate circumstances that kept us from coming.

Thanks, Phil
philmccauley #192603 Mon Jun 28 2010 11:23 AM
L
L
Great Show! New hotel is awesome, Outdoor layout was superb. Kathleen was very helpful with anything we needed or could ask for. We had a great time seein all our friends and customers, and met alot of new faces. We got alot of cool signs to restore...its good to see the show hold strong in tough times. Lookin forward to seein everyone again in Des Moines.
-Rick Neault www.lebaronsignservice.com

Check out my website at www.lebaronsignservice.com
for all of your sign restoration needs
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The show ROCKED!!! Great meeting new faces and getting a chance to put a face with the names I've seen on old gas...Tom you n Greg had PRIMO signs for sale....Ray if you decide at some point you need a Pikes Peak sign for your place let me know... I've never done a "room to room" before and like my friend Don Van Kannel said it was kind of like trick or treating except for signs....I knew I should have hung some signs over the edge of the railing (we were in 801)...My only fear was our rope breaking and a 20 pound porcelain might plummet down 8 floors...

Wanted: Husky Cans/Signs, Interesting Pump Plates and NC Road Signage

Website www.petrojoe.com
grabber #192629 Mon Jun 28 2010 02:02 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Were you more worried about the sign hitting someone, or damaging the sign?? LOL

Alex
Looking for Texaco and Power Gasoline items
Alex #192656 Mon Jun 28 2010 05:33 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
We were pretty much above a indoor fountain setup....I was a bit worried about both...an 8 story drop for a sign and possible ricochet into a fellow old gasser smile...it would have been ugly...and likely gotten me "banned" from the site lol...

Wanted: Husky Cans/Signs, Interesting Pump Plates and NC Road Signage

Website www.petrojoe.com
grabber #192659 Mon Jun 28 2010 05:58 PM
H
hotcidr Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
H
grabber...I was interested in the Pikes Peake but unfortunately it's been refurbished in the wrong color. I did confirm after leaving your room that it should be red, not brown. If you find another one please let me know
Ray

hotcidr #192703 Mon Jun 28 2010 09:52 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow nice hotel and vender setup!!
Iowa Gas shoud consider upgrading to another location.
Love the pool tables down in the center section !
Rob

Gas Pump Rob #192734 Tue Jun 29 2010 06:52 AM
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I agree Rob - Iowa Gas is way too crowded! I love the show, but the venue has got to be changed.

And NO restaurant anymore. So if you leave to eat, you won't have a parking spot when you return.

H@ll, one year we had to park the business van 1/4 mile away on a residential street. I can't tell you how many trips I made back-n-forth in the hot August Iowa heat.

Ron and Company need to seriously look at moving to a larger/nicer location.

Later . . .

Jim

T-way #192751 Tue Jun 29 2010 11:30 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
OK you could change the location of IG but what about the people that fly into Des Moines and walk across the street to the show? I am sure that is very convienent for them and they would then have to rent a car. We would not have to hear the screaming jets though!

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
keithia #192753 Tue Jun 29 2010 11:45 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Speaking of IG, how long do they usually take to send a confirmation back? (I'm wanting to make sure we have a reservation for a room at the hotel.) They cashed my check months ago and I still haven't heard anything.

Tara Worsham #192757 Tue Jun 29 2010 12:45 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Keith,
Most larger Hotels will pick ya up @ airports.
IG does have a Long Term airport parking across the street, don't know how it works through. They have used it for a couple of the meets, that was nice.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved