Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Jim,
Want to ride down together to this auction?

Originally Posted By: Jarvis
I can't believe i just sat here and read this topic.

That was five minutes of my life that I cant get back! LOL.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

P
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
Full auction catalog is online now. grin

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Jumping in here late but this auction has been advertised in several national publications for the past month.

Chuck
smile
Signs Wanted: Sunset, Clipper, Harbor, Indian Motorcycle, Powerlube, Beacon, Michelin, Conoco MM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I can possible pick up items here and bring to Iowa gas for oldgassers.Send me you phone number and item and I will call just before the item or items come up. Save you on shipping
and delivery to the show.
Maurice

Last edited by souperhigh; Sat Jul 17 2010 09:38 PM.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Maurice,
I may take you up on that offer. I planned on bidding on one or two items. Thought about trying to attend but my weekend is booked solid.

Chuck
smile
Signs Wanted: Sunset, Clipper, Harbor, Indian Motorcycle, Powerlube, Beacon, Michelin, Conoco MM
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
Originally Posted By: souperhigh
Jim,
Want to ride down together to this auction?

Maurice,

After reviewing the full inventory....I'm leaning toward not going. Most of the inventory that i would want for my collection, I already have.

30" Phillips ethyl looks really nice but I can't tell if it's real. They are conviently holding it by the bottom point of the shield in the pic. Also, the 30" Super-Gas looks too good, if not restored it's the best one I have ever seen.

Collect small Oklahoma Oil Co.'s 1920's-1940's. Barnsdall, Cushing, Eason, Marland, etc.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hi guys,

I went to the auction. The parking lot looked like a wall Mart super center. Sign prices were high considering the condition! I believe some of the internet guys will be disappointed when they receive their signs. I managed to buy 3 of the 4 signs I bid. Jim, the Barnsdall was the nicest I've seen in a very long time. The Phillips was one chip away from perfect. Seen several of my collector buddies at the auction. Some were buying and some watching......... Overall, I'd say the auction market is pretty strong.

Butch

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
I was going to drive over (only about 40 miles) but ended up having some rats to kill that prevented me from going. I did however watch online and did buy that "Non-Drinkers" insurance sign....I have a few insurance signs in my new insurance office, which is fun to collect for once after years of buying & selling only.

Anyway I digress....Mike Medley (owner of 70% of the auction) had bought a tremendous amount of stuff from the Vic's Auctions thru the years, so I had seen & handled many, many of the items they sold. Like Butch, I was blown away by some of the prices they fetched yesterday. It felt like a throw-back to 7-10 years ago when an auction like that felt like you could take your shoe off and hold it up in the air and it would bring $475. I don't know if there was pent-up demand in this region, or if John pulled in some "new blood" (he was always good at snagging some big new buyer with an obscure newspaper ad) or if the market has turned a corner, but I think based on what they were selling, it was a Home Run. Congrats to all involved, Ball Auction & Consignors.

P
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
I think that picker show has stirred up a new crop of collectors. Everybody I meet out "shopping" asks if I have seen the show! Auuuuuuuuuuuugh! I'm a cheap person,(and can admit to it) and that show is killing me! BTW, I do record it for later play back.

G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I'm currently headed home from Chandler and stopped for the night. Thought I'd comment on this auction. First, it was good seeing Butch and Mike at the sale. Butch was right.....a new group of buyers were in attendance. I really didn't know anyone else there? Seth,I did look for you. Sorry you didn't get to attend. Prices were way up early in the sale and weakened as the day progressed. Pretty much as usual. I picked up some stuff that I'll move on down the line. All in all, good to see my friends in Chandler and all of Oklahoma. OKIES are great folks. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved