Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#193692 Thu Jul 08 2010 01:12 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Sometimes, I'm not a nice guy. I know that those here who know me are shaking their collective heads and once they pick themselves off the floor and quit laughing, are saying he's got that right.

I'm glad I could add a little humor to your boring lives. grin

When I read here from someone; that they have gotten a package say a globe. That sounds as if a small child with ADHD was the one who wrapped it....... I at times smiled. smile

Hell lets tell the truth I laughed, laugh I cried, cry I, at times almost didn't make it to the bathroom. crazy Okay, I'm one of those who gets pleasure out of other people's misery. (Thank you, JJ and Mick)

Well, it happened to me and I'm ***** about it. cry

I win a 1937 Hudson/Terraplane wooden stick advertising that the front bench seat is more than 55" wide. Now, there can't be more than a handful of these sticks to survive the last 73+ years.

The stick arrives today and Tim, my mailman asks; why would someone have such a long package when all he can feel is something down at this end? Yes, the seller took this vintage stick and wrapped it three times in brown paper and sent it off. No cardboard backing, no nothing except;....
writing "Do not Bend" on both ends of both sides of the package. I open the package and my stick, my beautiful stick is in 2 pieces and another piece is just holding on. (How can this happen to someone like me, I mean how?)

Did I mention NO CARDBOARD or THIN BOARD to support this item? Well, if I didn't, I did now.

When this happens to someone else, it is bad... yes, it is bad... really I think it is.... no?..... it should be bad... YES, it is bad.

BUT, it happened to ME, TO ME..... does everyone understand those words????? confused

Where are the Police when you need them? Call out the National Guard, lock down all the borders and stop all traffic until this miscarriage of justice is taken care of.

Well, I am almost over my ...... annoyance. I still have a little hair left on my head and I am hoping my 2 part epoxy will hold the stick together.

I just want to let everyone know,..... that I now feel your pain!!!

So Mick, hurry up and have a light pole fall through Maria's window again. Or, JJ, time for a globe to go for a ride, right? I want something to happen........................... so I can quit crying.... cry

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The epoxy seems to be holding and I'm "being a brave little soldier".

BUT I'M TELLING YOU ALL, THINGS THIS THIS SHOULDN'T HAPPEN TO NICE GUYS LIKE ME!

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Bob Richards #193695 Thu Jul 08 2010 01:25 PM
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Did the seller make it right? If not, you have some recourse through eBay/PayPal.

chrisbowers #193698 Thu Jul 08 2010 01:38 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Chris, I don't want to give the stick back. It will go nicely with my other vintage advertising sticks. And I can't believe I will find another stick advertising a 1937 Hudson.

I contacted the seller letting him know what happened. Just can't believe someone would send an item without any protection. LOL

Bob Richards #193701 Thu Jul 08 2010 02:01 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sorry to see that happened to you. Hopefully the seller will make it right for you. I know I would if that was an item i'd sold. Buy I wouldn't have packaged it like that to start with. The sad part is the USPS will give you a box for this type of item it is 38" long when that is not long enough I just put 2 of them together. I mail fishing poles and planet jr handles in them all the time. its a triangular shaped "document" box perfect for items like this.
https://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...;WT.ac=10000724

Got Socony???

Tom
Bob Richards #193702 Thu Jul 08 2010 02:11 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
BOB THATS HILARIOUS,I MEAN SERIOUS,I MEAN I FEEL YOUR PAIN! LOL !

CHRIS
BUYING ANYTHING EARLY HUMBLE OIL CO.
BUY SELL TRADE ORIGINAL GAS PUMP PARTS
DIESEL #193703 Thu Jul 08 2010 02:38 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
LMAO!!!! nice to known for something around here!!(pole falling on the burban!)LOL if it makes you feel any better bob,the lightshade got damaged in the storm a couple weeks ago.if maria would have been home it would have nailed the oldsmobile!!

Last edited by oldnfuelish; Thu Jul 08 2010 02:40 PM.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
oldnfuelish #193719 Thu Jul 08 2010 04:54 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Bo sorry to hear this. I hope the seller makes it right smile

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
gasoildude #193738 Thu Jul 08 2010 06:30 PM
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Not funny, but it was the way you told it.

Thanks, Phil
gasoildude #193740 Thu Jul 08 2010 06:34 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
One time, I shipped a plastic car grille to someone, and a tab broke off in shipping. The seller said it was because my packing job was inadequate, so we talked and reached an agreement for a partial refund of about a third of the cost, he kept and fixed the grille, and we both were satisfied. Perhaps you can work something out like this with the seller?

Best of luck!
Wes

thermactor #193749 Thu Jul 08 2010 06:55 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
The seller contacted me and told me that he would refund my winning bid and the s&h. I told him.......... no.

I left him less than 5 stars for the s&h portion and the 2 part epoxy dried clear. He did send the stick right away and his costs weren't outrageous. I also have a piece of early automotive history hanging in the garage, so if he takes care in the items he sends out from now on. We are even. Plus it gave me a forum in which I could give Mick and JJ small digs. How could life get better? grin

(For those that want to know, I used Loctite "general purpose" 5 minute epoxy)

The stick is hanging in my garage and I now have a story about the stick. Plus the BS I will tell people about it. LOL

Bob Richards #193756 Thu Jul 08 2010 08:44 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Bob Richards

Just can't believe someone would send an item without any protection. LOL

Protection? Didnt we all learn about that in school? ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

I love ya' Bob. And I feel your pain....

Protection? Hehehehehehehehehe!!!!!!

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Bob Richards #193767 Fri Jul 09 2010 04:04 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By: Bob Richards

(For those that want to know, I used Loctite "general purpose" 5 minute epoxy)

WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO POST A CLOSE-UP PICTURE OF THE COSMETIC SURGERY?

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Nice sticks Bob and glad the epoxy worked ok.

Brian

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sorry to hear but glad you were able to fix it.
Your stick has history and just like us it now has more bumps and bruises to show it is still part of the present. So display your stick with pride Bob. Take a close up picture of your mended stick and post so we can see how you fixed your stick.
Mike

bruzer75 #193798 Fri Jul 09 2010 07:41 AM
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Bob, you're a nicer guy than I!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved