Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#19512 - Mon Mar 03 2008 11:33 PM Re: Harbor Porcelain Sign Sells
canosaurus Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Gallatin, TN
Yeah, my treat this summer in 'bama. I didn't know Burger King offered steak!?!?!?

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#19513 - Tue Mar 04 2008 07:13 AM Re: Harbor Porcelain Sign Sells
tx_oil Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Lafayette, LA
Where in Louisiana did the sign go to? I'll keep an eye out for a pristine Harbor sign among the spanish moss and blue tarps...

------------------
Robert Usrey

#19514 - Tue Mar 04 2008 07:23 AM Re: Harbor Porcelain Sign Sells
texaspelican Offline
Showcase Feature Host

Loc: 7 miles from Texas in Louisian...
Was fed in Bunkie, Louisiana and can't confirm for sure if the sign went to Louisiana.....but if it did it would be in the southeastern part of the state....Nice to see your still out there Robert....
Dave...McDonalds, and I get to keep the toy!!

------------------
Paddy
WTB Billups, Ride with Rose, Spar, Canal, Gulf Coast, and Galtex gas and Oil related items.

#19515 - Tue Mar 04 2008 09:16 AM Re: Harbor Porcelain Sign Sells
Chad Haas Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Beaverton, Oregon, USA
Wes - with all due respect, anyone who can afford a $60,000 sign clearly is insulated from whatever is happening in the economy. Spending this kind of money on a sign is a luxury, not a necessity.
12725 SW Millikan Way, Suite 300
Beaverton, OR 97005-1687
http://www.vaultgarage.com
http://www.facebook.com/VaultGarage

#19516 - Tue Mar 04 2008 09:40 AM Re: Harbor Porcelain Sign Sells
Seth Robbins Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Guthrie, OK. 73044
Fits 'n Twins...I guess I shouldn't have made the blanket statement that WE are in a recession, BUT...you are in a business that is a NECESSITY, where I'm in one that is a luxury. I can say with assurity, that MY world is in a recession, and it may trickle down to yours, it may not. Anyway, just my view of the things....

#19517 - Tue Mar 04 2008 10:50 AM Re: Harbor Porcelain Sign Sells
dodogas Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Kelowna British Columbia Canad...
Regardless of how good one persons situation is. it is pretty apparent to most people that there is a recession... just look at what is for sale these days for toys..

#19518 - Tue Mar 04 2008 01:41 PM Re: Harbor Porcelain Sign Sells
59fairlane Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Interlaken, NY
The falling value of the US Dollar and the record prices for oil should be proof enough.

Seth is right, some businesses do not feel a downturn in the economy like others. Just ask your grocer. Everyone needs to eat.

What the Fed has done to interest rates is more proof something is wrong.

#19519 - Tue Mar 04 2008 02:19 PM Re: Harbor Porcelain Sign Sells
oldnfuelish Offline
FATW Feature Host

Loc: Antioch,IL
im in hvac,which in this day and age is a necessity,i feel the recession.new housing here is at nearly a standstill and that is a big part of my income. just my 2cents.

#19520 - Tue Mar 04 2008 05:20 PM Re: Harbor Porcelain Sign Sells
KZ1000 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Mass
I agree with Mick, I am in the Heating Business and even with the cold weather this winter, I along with ALL the other local Heating contractors are extremely slow, Everybody is saving their money for Oil and Gasoline and putting off servicing their units

------------------
Visit 15th Annual MASS GAS BASH
September 7th 2008

#19521 - Tue Mar 04 2008 05:31 PM Re: Harbor Porcelain Sign Sells
Ryan Underthun Online   content

Loc: Duluth, MN U.S.A
This topic is starting to get way off track. How about discussing some of this under the non petro, as it is interesting. I hate to see this topic locked.

Ryan

------------------
visit my website for original gas pump parts

thepumpdump.com

visit my website for original gas pumps and parts

www.thepumpdump.com

#19522 - Tue Mar 04 2008 06:33 PM Re: Harbor Porcelain Sign Sells
oldnfuelish Offline
FATW Feature Host

Loc: Antioch,IL
ryan you are right.i just want to go visit paddy,and have some gumbo and crawdads!!

#19523 - Tue Mar 04 2008 08:07 PM Re: Harbor Porcelain Sign Sells
BBQ Chicken Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Raleigh, NC
"Things"(economy) can't just always keep getting better and better and times getting easier and better and cushier and just better and better and then; bam!!! ...... a slight check or a step back for the country and people's pocket books and we're in a RECESS??? people think we're hurt or down..... Maybe we are just where we are supposed to be..... we had a check-up. Things don't always get better and better and better all the time. Things caught up with themselves. We are so spoiled and in this country and so easy to bitch and moan over the smallest thing. So things slowed down a little bit, good. Maybe people and this country will slow down a little too and get back to what's real and really important. Family, time with family and friends, fishin', carvin' a bird, a hot long whatever....... or a tall cold whatever...... whatever, we need some recess. Embrace the hard times and get into it. It can be as real and rewarding as any aspect of life. We need more old school in this country and less new winy bitchy complaining. Go to work. Barbecue some chicken for God's Sake !!!!!!

#19524 - Tue Mar 04 2008 08:18 PM Re: Harbor Porcelain Sign Sells
Seth Robbins Offline
Veteran Member

Tell that to all of the thousands of people that worked for Sharper Image, as the whole chain went out of business today, OR the 50 year old full-time pastor (of a church that barely pays him) who WAS working 35 hours a week at my shop to make ends meet. Notice the emphasis on WAS. Nobody's bitching or whining, just stating the facts that things are getting a little tight.

#19525 - Tue Mar 04 2008 08:31 PM Re: Harbor Porcelain Sign Sells
BBQ Chicken Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Raleigh, NC
the Lord "works" in mysterious ways.........

#19526 - Tue Mar 04 2008 08:37 PM Re: Harbor Porcelain Sign Sells
Seth Robbins Offline
Veteran Member

Indeed he does, he is also very compassionate AND fair....'judge not, lest ye be judged, thus sayeth the Lord'.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved