Next Thread
Print Thread
#197511 Wed Aug 04 2010 06:53 PM
X
xex Offline OP
OP Offline
X
Hi ,
Need paint code # for Phillips 66 Orange ( older color). If possible the name of the color and if available in the newer base coat/clearcoat urethanes . Thank you .

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to Oldgas. To get the best color match, match any color to your pump plate/decal/globe. Too much variance from paint mix to paint mix even with code. You can have a correct color match and things look awful because the accessories(globe/plate/decal) aren't exactly on.

Even back in the day, colors varied from station to station slightly because of the different people who mixed the paints in the different locals.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I only find the PPG code from around 1960 (from a gas pump resto book) and it is #60352.
PPG can be a problem though, as I believe they have gone to water based and not transformed all colors...
I think other brands are available in other books, but I only have a copy of these codes here at work :-)

br
Claes

ps try to do a search here on Oldgas, might come up with something ds

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
I used 1964F in dupont. I came up with the color by taking my original phillips 66, orange and black sign to work, where we have a chromavision machine that will make you a exact formula for the color presented. Turned out great! Looks exactly like my sign. I shot it in basecoat/clearcoat using dupont products.

Last edited by publicenemy1925; Thu Aug 05 2010 05:43 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I went with Ford-OMAHA ORANGE 60156 and it is awesome. Looks like a perfect match to the porcelain signs. Really nice prabge even without the signs on it.

Last edited by SOUTHFLORIDAGAS; Thu Aug 05 2010 12:44 PM.

Kris Strong

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved