Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
A
Hi I have been searching the net for like 3 hours looking for a 13 1/2 inch globe for a reasonable price but cants find it, if someone can help that would be great.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Real or reproduction ?

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Define 'reasonable'. LOL

We don't carry Texaco items, but our 13.5" lenses/globes are priced a bit less than some vendors - so maybe that is reasonable?

Just click on the graphic below my name.

----------------------------

BTW - Texaco globes are few and far between right now. After the purchase of Texaco by Chevron, the lawyers and licensing weenies have stepped in and made it extremely expensive for us reproducers to 'qualify' to make reproductions.

Expect to see reproduction Texaco items to be much more expensive than they were before.

----------------------------

Later . . .

Jim

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Assuming that you want an original globe--A Texaco star or Skychief on Capco will run about $300 to $350 while the same lenses on a glass body will run about $400 to $500. There are so many different variations of Texaco globes, that the sizes, types, and pricing are infinite!
Decide what it is exactly that you are looking for and post it in the "want to buy" section and someone will find one for you. These shouldn't be hard to find. By the way--Welcome to Old Gas, and don't be afraid to ask questions as theres a wealth of information in this membership!---KEVIN

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I don't mean to speak for Alex. We have been conversing by email for the last couple of days, so I have somewhat of an idea what he is hoping to find.

Alex has a non-computing commercial pump, (like the "Gasboy") that he is looking to "upgrade" in Texaco signage and colors. I believe he is looking for a repop globe, something semi inexpensive. I suggested he check here to see if someone has a used globe in good to very good condition, that they are looking to get rid of.

I suggested the 13-1/2" size, so it wouldn't "overpower" his small pump. Alex, hopefully I got that right?

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
if that is what he is looking for,maybe one of the smaller fantasy globes from 1 of the venders might look better.i use them on the small pumps and they seem to work good.real inexpensive is the fishbowl globe,paint insde white and decal. think they aare about 9"? example of fishbowl

Last edited by oldnfuelish; Sun Aug 15 2010 09:15 AM.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved