Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#199328 - Tue Aug 17 2010 05:22 PM New Option for Easy Image Resizing
Oldgas Offline

Loc: South of St. Louis, MO USA
Resize smart phone pics with an app for quick and easy upload with both Android and iPhones:
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=643449

We now have a resize option here on the forum. Upload to the new "EZ Image Resize" gallery and copy the "medium" code line shown to paste into your message where you are selling or asking a question:
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=657757

I've added an option 8/7/2013 for resizing images to work well on uploads, since cranno.com has not been working.

On the New Topic and New Reply form is a Resize link just below File Manager. Click on that link to go to the new Resize Image Tool.

On the Resize page, register with your Shop Talk user name and password
You are not automatically registered. Click "Register" on upper right
After registering, click "Login" on upper right
Upload photo to be resized by clicking "Add Items" in your album
After upload, click the filename or thumbnail to view full resized image. Right click the full resized image and choose "Save."
Submit that saved image to the Shop Talk "File Manager" upload tool. (browse to find that saved image)
Do not link to the images within the Resize Tool. Others can not see the image in your album there.
Your "Quota" is the space you have. Delete prior images to open up space. That does not delete your image on the forum.

Do not delete your Resize Tool "album" as that is the space for your uploads.

Here is Oilcanman87's video tutorial on uploading pictures using our Resize Tool. First half is for iPhone and iPad and the second half is for PC computers.

Thanks, Oilcanman87 !

Let me know if you have problems, questions or comments.

This is not the ultimate solution, but I just got tired of waiting for the software developer to deliver the promised upgrade.

Pictures of the step-by-step File Manager image upload process:
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=129148#Post189696

Special image rotation instructions for iPhone:
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=577092

Attachments
resizelink-form.jpg

Description: Link to access Resize Tool

Edited by Oldgas (Wed Dec 14 2016 09:07 AM)
Edit Reason: Add video

Support Oldgas.com with bids from here
#199420 - Wed Aug 18 2010 11:04 AM Re: New Option for Easy Image Resizing [Re: Oldgas]
Hy-Flash 72 Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Waterville,Ohio
Thanks Jim,

That was a topic awhile ago about putting watermarks on pictures.

Randy

#215440 - Sat Nov 27 2010 10:03 AM Re: New Option for Easy Image Resizing [Re: Hy-Flash 72]
K W FRITH Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Devils Lake, ND---USA
Well I just tried it and it works fine! A lot easier than some other methods. Now if I can just remember it! LOL
Cell#-701-739-6133

#232938 - Fri Feb 11 2011 09:30 PM Re: New Option for Easy Image Resizing [Re: K W FRITH]
marty Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: urbana,ohio usa
wow, have been trying to upload a pix for half hour, in 'what is it worth' and keep getting message, 'all fields not filled in' any ideas?

#233217 - Sat Feb 12 2011 11:07 PM Re: New Option for Easy Image Resizing [Re: marty]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Paula, Calif
Before or After uploading a picture, there needs to be some text added to post.

#251832 - Sun May 01 2011 04:53 PM Re: New Option for Easy Image Resizing [Re: Dick Bennett]
Oldgas Offline

'all fields not filled in' means that at least one box on the submission form is empty. Type in a caption or other words in the "Post" text box.

#262018 - Fri Jul 08 2011 10:19 AM Re: New Option for Easy Image Resizing [Re: Oldgas]
Vermonter Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: VT
I just thought I converted about 10 pics on canno and only the last one was resized. I am guessing that you have to hit "download" after each pic converts. I hit "convert more" and "download" when I was done thinking they would all download.

#263307 - Sun Jul 17 2011 03:24 PM Re: New Option for Easy Image Resizing [Re: Vermonter]
Oldgas Offline

The cranno.com site does not save your images, resized or original. So you have to download the one that you just did and then do another.

#270507 - Sat Aug 27 2011 08:46 PM Re: New Option for Easy Image Resizing [Re: Oldgas]
MetroPetro Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: North Jersey
Help, I have followed the instructions, resized to 640 x 480, but at the last step a screen informs me that "the photo is larger than 150 KB bytes". What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

#321364 - Tue Apr 24 2012 06:06 PM Re: New Option for Easy Image Resizing [Re: Oldgas]
big blazer Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: danville,va.
I am having this same problem.Have tried resizing 5 different times with the problem.What is going on?

#321369 - Tue Apr 24 2012 06:25 PM Re: New Option for Easy Image Resizing [Re: big blazer]
Oldgas Offline

A small percentage of images have a complicated number of colors and sharp tone variations that cause even a 640 x 480 image to exceed 150k.

The non-technical solution to this is either:

To resize to a smaller size - Enter "480 x 360" in the "Custom" size box on Cranno.com

or

To upload the image to ImageShack, PhotoBucket or another hosting service and use the img code in your message on Shop Talk. See the ImageShack Tutorial in the Shop talk Testing Area forum

#451556 - Mon Jul 29 2013 09:43 AM Re: New Option for Easy Image Resizing [Re: Oldgas]
coopersplace Online   content
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Cranno has not been working for a few weeks now for me and I understand a few other members can't access it either. I switched to Free Online Picture Resizer: http://www.picresize.com/results which I find even easier because you can type both the image size you want, 640 x 480 or 480 x 640, and the actual maximum file size of 150 kbs. Cranno had a number of file sizes from small to large which didn't always correspond to the 150 file size I wanted. Cheers, Don.

#453775 - Wed Aug 07 2013 08:40 PM Re: New Option for Easy Image Resizing [Re: coopersplace]
Oldgas Offline

In the first post of this topic, I edited in new instructions since cranno.com has not been working for doing an image resize. We now have a resize function here on Oldgas.com.

#456544 - Mon Aug 19 2013 03:55 PM Re: New Option for Easy Image Resizing [Re: Oldgas]
Oilcanman87 Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Michigan
What happens if you delete your album and can't use this featchure

#456549 - Mon Aug 19 2013 04:23 PM Re: New Option for Easy Image Resizing [Re: Oilcanman87]
Oldgas Offline

Deleting your album would remove the space dedicated to upload your images to resize. You would no longer be able to use the Resize Tool.

If you deleted your album by accident, contact me by clicking on the "Contact" link on the upper right side of this page. I can delete your account there so you can start over fresh and then re-register at the Resize Tool again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Oldgas 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved