Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T-way #201382 Wed Sep 01 2010 08:53 AM
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Holy Cow -- you leave for summer break and suddenly Erie pumps are everywhere. My class is raring to go on our pump and want to get all the "stupid safety" stuff out of the way. With all of these pumps coming out of the woodwork and people getting ready to restore them, has a milk glass top surfaced anywhere that might be for sale? Does anyone know what happened to the plans to make reproduction ones? Thanks for the info and it is good to be back.
Chris

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
T-way #201552 Thu Sep 02 2010 09:31 AM
O
O
Jim, As far as the spinners..the site glass's are on but seem to short for the opening. Looking inside no spinners appear but I'll look again. The strips I need are (1) side piece that wraps around. Center pieces need (3) long and (3) short. They don't need to be perfect since I can tap out dents and buff out..money is always a concern for me and I am retired so more labor is ok. Are You T-Way?? or did I misunderstand something Thanks, Bob

Last edited by ohpoppy; Thu Sep 02 2010 09:35 AM.

Thanks...Poppy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Bob;

Yup, I'm jim or T-way. Just depends on how my wife feels when she yells for me! LOL

When you are ready for the stainless, just give me a call on the Toll Free Number and I'll set you up.

I've got all the original pieces you need.

As for the height of your sight glasses - Once you get them out, measure the overall height and let me know. I can measure one of the loose ones I have sitting around and let you know if the ones you have are correct. A lot of people use a 'Bennett' sight glass in their restorations - esp if they don't have spinners. The Bennett ones won't go over the Erie spinners - just the Erie sight glasses will.

Later . . .

Jim
Toll Free: 866.546.4067

T-way #201742 Fri Sep 03 2010 03:24 PM
O
O
Jim, Please quote me by email. girlscoutdad2004@hotmail.com...I doubt they are Bennett site glass's since this pump was never restored and was taken out of service 50 years ago due to being hit by a car. I wonder if the spinners are rotten. An old Tokheim I had had spinners that decomposed. Are Erie sometimes a non-metal material? Bob

Thanks...Poppy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
How many pumps have this clear glass over the face?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
oltoydoc@vintagegas.com
(310)415-9562 Cel.
Vintage Gas
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Don, Lets see a Full picture of that Pump...

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Don - just the clockface versions.

Jim

T-way #201890 Sun Sep 05 2010 06:16 AM
O
O
The face could be reproduced but the glass...impossible without a mold. Boy that some pump

Thanks...Poppy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sorry if I misled anyone, the pump above is not mine, and I don't have permission to share the owners info. I know he "lurkes" here, and hopefully, he will share more info with us on the pump. I just wanted to show an example of the "bubble" glass face cover.
Don

Don "oltoydoc" Sherwood
oltoydoc@vintagegas.com
(310)415-9562 Cel.
Vintage Gas
W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
i am the guy that restored that pump for a west coast collector back when i used to go to all the good guys shows my son in law and i are thinging about repopoing the glass top in plastic or lexan just trying to get a handle on what people would be willing to pay for a top t way will handle the marketing as it will be his top that the mold will come from thanks dave

C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
Although we have a globe on the pump now, the group we are restoring the Erie 71 for still wants a glass top. We would certailnly be interested in the reproduction top if one becomes awailable. From this thread alone it appears that there is at least 5 people who are looking for one. I would guess that the production costs would determine the price. I personally (without input from the group) would guess that $250 is about top dollar on a reproduction. Anyone else?????

I
I
I would buy two, and as far as the price ? You could get 250.00 to 325.00 each. That's just me talking. I do have a extra clock face complete with the glass.

Rick

K
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
K
PM sent.

T-way #263330 Sun Jul 17 2011 03:45 PM
M
M
New member here. I bought this '36 Erie about 15 years ago for $100. Just now decided to restore it to working condition. Want to see if I can get some info here.

The only part missing from the pump is the glass top (no one repops still?) 4 pieces of trim and the piece of trim on the side where the pump handle is (if there is a piece that goes there) It is also missing the motor and the motor pulley and belt. I need to know the motor specs (frame type, 110v 1 ph, the size of the pulley that goes on the motor, the motor rpm, etc. Also does anyone re-silk screen the numbers on all the number wheels.

The pump looks very easy to restore. I have been restoring 40's-50's Harleys for the last 22 years, so the finishes on the pump are nothing new to me. I believe this pump was red with the center strips yellow. Would some one like to fill me in more?

Picture 1265.jpg
M
M
does anyone have a picture of this "station lighter"? I know what the globe is and the milk glass top (very cool) but what is the station lighter?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved