Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Classifieds | Bookstore | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#202664 - Fri Sep 10 2010 08:12 PM Re: Dixie Gas [Re: Jarvis]
PETRO NUT Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: MN
jarvis what a great idea. It works for peatone too. why not Iowa gas? That show is over thursday at noon.

#202678 - Fri Sep 10 2010 08:58 PM Re: Dixie Gas [Re: PETRO NUT]
Dick Bennett Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Santa Paula, Calif
Promoters need time to unwind, before they return to work on Monday.
A lot of Vendors/buyers need to be back @ work on Monday. It takes me approx. 30 hours of steady driving to return home after Iowa Gas.

#202685 - Fri Sep 10 2010 09:20 PM Re: Dixie Gas [Re: Dick Bennett]
Jarvis Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Evansville, In
True Dick but then you don't have to leave a week before the show really starts. LOL

#202759 - Sat Sep 11 2010 01:43 PM Re: Dixie Gas [Re: Jarvis]
Gas stuff.com Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Syracuse,NY USA
Well I got back from Chips about four this morning and I will tell you it was a great show! Well worth the 14 hour drive one way. I honestly think that there was more foot traffic and buyers than there was at Columbus. I was going to stay till Saturday but there was a major threat of rain. We all know what its like to pack in the rain. I did hear that it rained all night and into this morning. Anybody who is thinking of going to this show should check it out.

#202763 - Sat Sep 11 2010 02:48 PM Re: Dixie Gas [Re: Gas stuff.com]
gasmansgp Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Severn, Maryland USA
Since I am a little closer than John, I got home around midnight. We both left at around three P.M. on Friday. These have to be my favorite show's....I do both Spring and Fall....of any that I do. The setting is perfect. Chip and Happy are great hosts. Vendors are friendly and crowds good. Very laid back and a bunch of fun. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

#202798 - Sat Sep 11 2010 10:21 PM Re: Dixie Gas [Re: gasmansgp]
Dale Stephens Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Alabama, USA
This show has always been great for me in selling and buying. I also left around three on Friday evening. I had planned to stay over for Saturday this year, but the threat of the above mentioned rain had me driving south. Only about a three hour drive for me, though. Could not ask for a better show or hosts....Dale

#202843 - Sun Sep 12 2010 09:54 AM Re: Dixie Gas [Re: Dale Stephens]
theChandlers Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Smyrna, DE
We also had a good show and John was right there was a lot of foot traffic .We did stay over with the intent to set up on Saturday but were rained out early. AS usual a BIG THANKS to Chip and his family for a great show Lenny

#202913 - Sun Sep 12 2010 03:23 PM Re: Dixie Gas [Re: rockman]
souperhigh Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Tulsa,Oklahoma United States ...
It wasm a great show again and sales were great. Bought some good stuff and sold alot also.
Dave Hathaway again made his famous Bar B Q chicken and it was great.
Seen alot of friends and met some new ones.
Next year I am adding the spring show to my agenda.
Thanks Chip and your family.
Also the homemade ice cream really does hit the spot.

Maurice

#202922 - Sun Sep 12 2010 04:16 PM Re: Dixie Gas [Re: souperhigh]
booboom Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Salem, Ohio
had a great time, my wife and I rode our harley down from ohio, seen alot of old friends and alot of nice items. Does anyone know who had the cigar thermometer? And if so how could I contact him. thanks and see you all the next time.
bob and marcy

#202995 - Sun Sep 12 2010 09:11 PM Re: Dixie Gas [Re: Jarvis]
George Johnston Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Beloit, Wi, USA

Easy to say, The only show I know of that can pull this off is at Peotone which has a chained enclosure and nowhere to go other than just wait. All sounds good but we are a very creative croud and thats what it's all about.

#203001 - Sun Sep 12 2010 09:16 PM Re: Dixie Gas [Re: George Johnston]
philmccauley Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Bardstown, KY USA
It was a great show and saw alot of oldgassers. I thought it was one of the best shows I have been too, alot of vendors and foot traffic. We got home this afternoon and had a great weekend, hope all else did also.

#203199 - Tue Sep 14 2010 11:51 AM Re: Dixie Gas [Re: philmccauley]
KYGULF Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Central Kentucky
I had a good time also with it being my first fall show. Sorry I missed ya Phil. We had a good vacation and Dixie Gas included in there might make it a family tradition!

Brian

#203206 - Tue Sep 14 2010 01:20 PM Re: Dixie Gas [Re: KYGULF]
chrisbowers Offline
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Baltimore, MD
We had a great time down there, got to meet a lot of oldgassers and had some great chicken from gracious host Dave (BBQ Chicken on here). Looking forward to next year!

#203687 - Fri Sep 17 2010 10:37 AM Re: Dixie Gas [Re: chrisbowers]
gulfiend! Offline
Veteran Member

Loc: Raleigh, North Carolina
...enjoyed meeting Chris and Brady (thanks again for the tip), talking to Phil, and meeting Grabber...Dave's chicken is the best chicken-on-the-bone I have ever eaten, bar none...even the bookend rain didn't spoil the show...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2016 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved