Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#202808 Sat Sep 11 2010 10:16 PM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Sorry fellow oldgasses for slacking off on my duties as the host of collectible of the month during this summer. I can now see light at the end of the tunnel(new house)and now devote a little more time to this feature.

Since we are almost at the half way point in September, I will run this through October also. This month(s) collectible of the month is.....

Your outdoor Petro collection....This one is wide open, so snap those pix's of those signs hanging on your fence, gas pumps on the porch, exterior of your shop, your outdoor petro stash, etc....you get the ideal....if it's outside, lets see it.

Let's get this long overdue show started...I have a feeling this will be a good one.

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Old decals I applied about a year ago. Learned that I didn't do it correctly.

Leonard_Crude_decals.jpg
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I have been looking for this sign for at least 7 years. Got it last year from Chip of Dixie gas last year (first time). I pull in and Chip starts yelling "we got us a cajun". I turn around to look at him and on the front of his barn is the sign!!
It's now on the side of my boathouse with the worst side out.
When I was a teenager I worked at the Billups station and down a bit across the street was the Canal station. It was a small itty bitty cajun oil comapany that had a little more than a dozen stations in the entire state. It went bye-bye like most small independents...bought out by big oil about 30 years ago..
It's back in Louisiana where it belongs.

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
MUST'VE BEEN FUN TRYING TO ATTACH THAT TO THE BOATHOUSE WALL! COOL STORY...NEVER HEARD OF THAT BRAND. PRETTY MUCH HAS THE SAME SHAPE AS THE D-X SIGNS.

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Doc, It makes it easy when they lowered the lake 8 feet for 3 months. You didn't think that I could walk on water (LOL)?
I know you have quite an outdoor display...seen some of it on this site. OBTW it is the same exact size as the large DX sign (good eye).

Paddy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
<script src='http://img831.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=outside1.jpg&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript><script src='http://img529.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=outside2.jpg&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>Some one got creative with the Goodyear sign,guess it was too long so it was cut in 2.

Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Here is some of my outdoor stuff.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This may be a good opportunity to show my little station. I haven't got the room for a complete building so this is just a "wall" built between me and my neighbours lots. He gets to see a "cabin wall", and I get to see the Mobil station :-)
I don't display much else outside - well I have a visible, but you seen that too before.
Br
Claes

Mobil i Segeltorp x.jpg
The gas station fond

Skyltfönster Mobil i Segeltorp x.jpg
Display window

Selfometer x.jpg
The "Selfometer" between garage doors.

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Claes
Thats a pretty cool idea.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I dont have a lot outside

Last edited by Jack R; Mon Sep 13 2010 07:28 AM.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
This is the only photo I have of our garage (Hope it never looks like this again!!), 2 pumps and a few signs. Both pumps came from a small town in West Virginia where our family is from. It is entirely possible that my great grandparents and grandparents pumped gas from them; there was only one station in that town. The pump is great for giving directions, we tell people just to look for the house with the gas pump in the driveway.

Keith

Garage.jpg
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Jack
It's a shame to have the Chevron sign laying on the ground posing a tripping hazard. I could hang it at my place for a while if you want.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hillsideshortleg. Iam getting some supplies to hang it on the fence today hopefully, but do appreciate the offer Jack

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Starting to Decorate the Back of My work Shop that Faces my Display Building these are the fisrt 2 pieces that I have put up on the building..

***Wanted*** Always looking for Oilzum, Kunz, and Husky Cans, Signs and Smalls.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
heres a few of mine

all of em light up for a few hours each night.always have people stopping in to look at them too!

Last edited by oldnfuelish; Tue Sep 21 2010 02:36 PM.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved